Rescuing Texas History, 2006 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Main street in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas]

Description: Postcard of Guerrero Avenue in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Storefronts line either side of the street and there are automobiles parked outside. Several pedestrians are visible on the sidewalks. This street leads to the International Bridge to Laredo, Texas.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Market House, Laredo, Texas]

Description: Postcard of a building (writing at the bottom labels it "Market House, Laredo, Tex."). The building is surrounded by horse-drawn carriages and several pedestrians are visible in the foreground of the image.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Mexican Water Cart]

Description: A water cart drawn by two burros. Water vendors were called barrileros or aguadores.
Date: c. 1900
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Mission Dolores about 1833]

Description: Photograph of Mission Dolores, the oldest surviving structure in San Francisco, in about 1833. It is also known as Mission San Francisco de Asís.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Oxen carts and Pawnshop]

Description: Postcard of oxen carts in front of a pawnshop. There is a letter on the back of the postcard addressed to Miss Margaret Murphy from "Will."
Date: c. 1900
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Paso del Puente, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas]

Description: Juncture of Guerrero Avenue and the International Bridge in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas. The street is lined with stores. There are people and cars along the street and sidewalk.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Ross Hotel, Laredo, Texas]

Description: Postcard of Ross Hotel in Laredo, Texas, formerly located at the northwest corner of Flores Avenue and Grant Street.
Date: c. 1909 - 1910
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Sociedad Concordia Theater Building]

Description: Building of the Sociedad Concordia in Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Has the inscription "Teatro de la Sociedad Concordia, 1885-1906." This building occupied the present site of the Palacio Federal in front of Plaza Hidalgo.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Street scene, Laredo, Texas, c. 1910]

Description: Photograph of the market building on the left looking down Hidalgo Street, Laredo, Texas about 1910. A man in the foreground is smoking a cigar and looking at the camera.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Thatch Roof Home]

Description: Postcard of a typical thatch-roof home, common along the border area in Webb County around 1900. In the image, there is a dog sitting outside the hut which is surrounded by a wire fence. There is a note written on the back.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Laredo Public Library

[Troop J, 14th Cavalry, Ft. McIntosh]

Description: Group of men on horseback. Soldiers at Ft. McIntosh getting ready for a parade. The soldiers are carrying Colt M1911 pistols which the U.S. Army adopted in 1911.
Date: c. 1911
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Laredo Public Library