Rescuing Texas History, 2006 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Longhorn Dam]

Description: Photo of Longhorn Dam, looking southwest. Pleasant Valley Rd. crosses the dam which was built to provide water for Holly Street power plant. Austin, Texas.
Date: May 2, 1960
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Fiberglass Cow Naming Contest

Description: An unidentified man and young girl stand next to a giant fiberglass cow. The cow has a sign in front of it detailing the Pure Milk Company's naming contest which has 101 prizes worth over $1000.
Date: unknown
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Joey's Fine Foods

Description: Exterior view of Joey's Fine Foods restaurant at 1411 W. Ben White Blvd. There are cacti in the foreground. Demolished.
Date: October 24, 1969
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Boy on a See-Saw

Description: An unidentified boy sits on a see-saw outside of a building. A metal slide is visible behind him and a building with a panel truck parked outside are in the far background.
Date: unknown
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library