Rescuing Texas History, 2006 - 884 Matching Results

Search Results

Aerials of area around Congress Avenue Bridge

Description: Aerial view of area around Congress Avenue Bridge facing the west. Other bridges and buildings are shown. The bridge in the foreground (eastmost bridge) is the Congress Ave bridge, and the 1st Street bridge and Lamar Blvd. bridge are also visible.
Date: January 30, 1962
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Airplane

Description: Pierce with three unknown men in a small one-propeller plane. The plane's propeller is spinning and it is outside of a hanger. More planes and a few cars are visible in the background.
Date: January 20, 1941
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Alexander and Sharp Being Sworn In

Description: Photograph taken during the swearing in of Alexander and Sharp as Supreme Court of Texas judges. Only one man is shown in the photograph and it is unknown whether he is Alexander or Sharp.
Date: January 1, 1941
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Alexander and Sharp Being Sworn In

Description: Photograph taken during the swearing in of Alexander and Sharp as Supreme Court of Texas judges. Only one man is shown in the photograph and it is unknown whether he is Alexander or Sharp.
Date: January 1, 1941
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Allandale Village Shopping Center

Description: View of the Allandale Village Shopping Center from the parking lot of The Frisco restaurant; The Frisco restaurant's sign is visible in the foreground. An H.E.B. Food Store and the Mosely's Allandale Cafeteria are visible in the shopping center.
Date: September 18, 1954
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Ann and Peter]

Description: (back of photo) Ann and Peter July 8, 1951 - With the car I gave him - Austin, TX. Photo is from the William Blackshear collection, which was donated to the Palestine Public Library.
Date: July 8, 1951
Partner: Palestine Public Library