Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 108 Matching Results

Search Results

[619 S. Sycamore - A.R. Howard Home]

Description: Photograph of the front and south side of "A.R. Howard Home," a two-story, Victorian Italianate-style house located at 619 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas. This house is noteworthy because of its load-bearing masonry (brick) construction and its segmental-arched openings, bracketed eaves, and low-pitched roof. The house is behind a brick fence with metal ornamentation.
Date: 1965~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[722 S. Magnolia - Lucas Davey House]

Description: Photograph of the front and south sides of the "Lucas-Davey House," a white, two-story Queen Anne-style home located at 722 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. Distinctive features include the asymmetrical massing, a richness in details and materials and superb craftsmanship. There are trees and bushes around the house, obscuring the porch and first floor.
Date: 1965~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Description: Photograph of the front and side of the "Howard House" located at 1011 N. Perry in Palestine, Texas. The house is a one-story, antebellum-style house with Greek revival influence. There are square columns along the front porch and a brick chimney on the side of the house.
Date: 1960~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Description: Photograph of the front of the "Howard House" located at 1011 N. Perry in Palestine, Texas. The house is a one-story, white, antebellum-style house with Greek revival influence. There are square columns along the front porch and a brick chimney on the side of the house. A sign in the front yard says "The Howard House Museum, Open Saturday & Sunday, 2 to 5 P.M."
Date: April 1969
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the south and west sides of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of N. Church and E. Crawford streets. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1960~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

["Bonehead" Troop Gathers for Cato's Funeral]

Description: Photograph of the "Bonehead Boys" at the funeral of their deceased scout master, Edwin "KOW" Cato. The men are posing in four rows, the front two are kneeling and the back two rows are standing. There is a bus behind them with their troop name "Bonehead Boys" painted across the roof, right above the windows.
Date: 1960
Partner: Childress County Heritage Museum

[Bratton Drug Store - Corner of N. Sycamore and W. Oak Str]

Description: Photograph of the Bratton Drug Company on the northwest corner of W. Oak and N. Sycamore streets in Palestine, Texas, looking west on Oak. It is a two-story brick building with a series of four-pane windows along both sides of the upper story. There is a sign that says "Bratton Drug Co." above the first story, in between "Coca Cola" signs. Several unidentified people are walking on the sidewalk and vehicles are parked along Oak street.
Date: 1965~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission