Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 4,719 Matching Results

Search Results

5th Street and Avenue D in Clifton

Description: View of the building at the northwest corner of Avenue D and 5th Street in downtown Clifton. The building contains J. M. Broock's Drug Store (on the corner), Greer's Barber Shop (on Avenue D), and The Clifton Record (on 5th Street). This building was destroyed by fire on December 23, 1905.
Date: 1900~/1910~
Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission

5th Street in Clifton, North Side

Description: View of the north side of Fifth Street in downtown Clifton, Texas. The building in the foreground is on the southeast corner of Avenue D and 5th Street and was destroyed by fire on December 23, 1905. The Clifton Record newspaper office can be seen on the left side of this building. The building in the background is on the southwest corner of Avenue D and 5th Street.
Date: 1900~/1910~
Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission

Abraham Borth and Dave Peil

Description: Photograph of Abraham Borth (standing) and David Peil (seated). David Peil wears a World War 1 uniform with hat. His left leg is on his right knee. Abraham Borth is standing behind him with his right hand resting on David Peil's right shoulder. Abraham Borth is dressed in a suit with a tie and hat. They are standing in front of a fake background with painted flowers and drapery. The photograph is held in a paper frame.
Date: unknown
Partner: Wolf Creek Heritage Museum

[Adult Choir]

Description: Photograph of the First Christian Church Adult Choir. Back row - left to right: A.E. Catanach, not know, not known, Peg Catanach, Curtis Lacy, not known, Ralph Breelove, not known, not known, McIntosh, Austine Mills. Front row - left to right: Mathilda Steed, not known, Mildred Allgood, Gladys Lacy, Lolly Prafka, Alma Rigsby, Allene Breedlove, not known, Peggy McIntosh, Willie Mae West.
Date: 1950
Creator: Pridgen's Studio
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[Advent of the Streamliners]

Description: This photograph portrays the dawn of a new era in railroading - advent of the streamliners in the late 1930s and early 1940s, plus modernization of the " Age of Steam" streamlining steam motive power. The splendor of Southern Pacific's "The Sunbeam" is shown. This train went into service between Dallas and Houston on September 15, 1937 - traversing the rail distance: 265 miles in 265 minutes. The consist of eight lightweight cars is headed by Engine No. 652, a Pacific type 4-6-2 streamlined steam locomotive with disc drivers, air horn and equipped with a Vanderbuilt tender (an oil burner).
Date: 1940~
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad