Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 3 Matching Results

Search Results

[Chamber of Commerce Saturday drawing]

Description: Many people gather in downtown Sanger each Saturday for a cash drawing. Entries for the drawing were obtained by making a purchase from participating merchants during the preceding week. George W. (Speedy) Sullivan, standing on truck conducting the drawing. George A. Sullivan standing arms akimbo with straw hat.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[First National Bank]

Description: Building on the corner of 3rd and Bolivar Streets. In 1899 Mr. Berry came to Sanger and with B.L. and J. W. Spencer bought the Farmers Bank of Sanger, changing the name to Farmers & Merchants Bank. It was chartered as First National Bank of Sanger in 1905.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Sanger Presbyterian Church]

Description: Early photo of Sanger Presbyterian Church with original roofline. The gable to the left of the steeple was later removed. The building was built in 1902.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library