Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 5 Matching Results

Search Results

[Dismantling old water tower, full shot]

Description: The crane is in place to dismantle the minicipal water tower. Originally purchased October 15, 1923 for $5,650 from Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Co. Dallas, TX. Held 50,000 gallons of water.
Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Dismantling old water tower, removing the top]

Description: A crane removing the top half of the tank of the municipal water tower. The tower was erected in 1923 and held 50,000 gallons of water.
Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Partner: Sanger Public Library

Sanger Fire Department (Part 1 of 2)

Description: Firemen and their trucks, March 19, 1927. Listed on second photograph , from left to right, George A. Sullivan, Chas Milligan, W. D. Lewis, Glen Rieger, A. H. Haynie, A. L. Gentle, W. B. Chambers, Jno McClendon, R.E. Gentle, H. W. Ezell, Jno Hughes, Otis Jones and Chief Bud Gentle. Members not in the picture: Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett, and Jim Kline. The top of the Sanger School is seen in the background.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E. Carruth
Partner: Sanger Public Library

Sanger Fire Department (Part 2 of 2)

Description: Firemen and their fire trucks, March 19, 1927. Sanger Fire Department members from left to right: Otis Jones, Chief Bud Gentle (standing), A. G. Nance, Joe Hughes, Alton Gentle, S. C. Moore, L. B. Daniels, D. C. Gheens, G. W. Sullivan, Troy Stinson, Elmer Hulse, Jack McReynolds, Jno Richardson. Members not in the picture Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett and Jim Kline. Taken on the square in Sanger, looking north.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E. Carruth
Partner: Sanger Public Library