Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Alderhold Home - East 2nd Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock house in poor condition in 1976 and owned by O. J. White.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

["Argonaut" passenger trains in West Texas]

Description: Long ago in the age of steam, the Southern Pacific's "Argonaut" passenger trains, numbers 104 and 103, east and westbound, respectively, meet in the early morning hours at mile post 450 between Langtry and Pumpville in far west Texas.
Date: 1929~
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Armstrong House - 821 Spring]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. See Louise Gylmer - J. Kurchiville.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Bochat Home - 400 Nicholson Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe and plaster.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Brown Home - Losoya]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home built about 1900 for Mr. and Mrs. Brown (Hattie) who, reportedly, came to Fort Clark in Brackettville as General Mackenzie's cook in the 1870s then moved to Del Rio with her husband who helped build the railroad. Owned in 1976 by Jossie Mae Hamilton.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Business stores - South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Three storefronts built in 1920s, housing Photo Mile on south end and Muter Taxidermist in center; scheduled for demolition in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Carl Balmer Home - 805 Griner]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe and plaster.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Cassinelli Gin House - a - NE Corner Academy and Pecan Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Cassinelli Gin House - b - NE Corner of Academy and Pecan Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Cochran Home - 209 East 8th Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Fame house built by Frank W. Cochran (Madge Horn's father) on Railroad Street then moved to East 8th Street.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Comolli Home - Las Vacas Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Paul Comolli built this adobe home in 1885. Family of lawyers and judges. 1976 owner listed as Mrs. H. F. Moody.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Dr. Rose Home - 509 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally one-story rock home; 2nd story frame added by Parker family then remodeled; owned by Elvis Stewart in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Dr. Rose Home - 1100 Griner]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Tully Shahan in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Ellis Home - Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Perry Ellis built home in the early 1900s; it was for sale in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Everett House - 501 East Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Mabel Deaton in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Fawcett Home - a - 416 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Fawcett Home - b - 416 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - a - 123 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - b - 123 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Fred Brown Home - 709 Spring]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission