Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]

Description: Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Hamilton Home - 404 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by L. E. Perry in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Hardin Home - 506 Losoya]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. Remodeled. Owned by C. B. Bushager in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[D.Hart's Dairy and Cheese Factory - Cienegas Road]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hand-cut rock two-story built in 1880s for dairy and cheese factory; one-story home added in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Henson Hotel - 211-221 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1920 as Henson Hotel; in 1976 is used for Wipff's Furniture & Appliance, owned by Dobkin family.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Herbst Home - 500 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Max Herbst in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[John Doak Home - 313 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by John Taini in 1906 as a home for rancher John Doak. One story cut rock with gingerbread trim and rock pillows of solid pieces of stone. In 1976 it is Arturo Gonzalez' law office; he is still there in 2008.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[John Owen Glen Home - Gibbs Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly, Mr. Glen was a sutler at Camp Del Rio. When Camp closed, he used lumber from the old buildings to build this home, carrying the lumber in a wheelbarrow and on his shoulders. Owned by Mr. Glen, a descendant, in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1890s for Joseph Hyman family which lived on second floor above shops.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Julius Franki Home - a - 500 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Julius Franki Home - b - 500 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Keller Home - 406 Mills]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Kent Home - Bolner Lane]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[LaCrosse Home - 109 East 2nd Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock built in 1905?
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Leinham Home - 302 East 2nd Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home; owned by Beulah Daniel in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Lindheim - Roach McLymont - Bealls -- 801 Canal-Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Lindheim built in 1877 for Roach-McLymont department store; occupied by Bealls in 1976. Two-story handmade brick with basement, enlarged by taking in other buildings.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Louis Brauer Home - a - 306 Nicholson]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe construction with plaster exterior. (See b photo) Built by Dr. Jackson in 1885. Mr. Brauer was one of the first surveyors in Del Rio in 1881.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Louis Brauer Home - b - 306 Nicholson]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe construction with plaster exterior. Built by Dr. Jackson in 1885. Mr. Brauer was one of the first surveyors in Del Rio in 1881.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Luke Dowe House - 303 Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian home built in early 1900s; used as a rental house in 1976 owned by Mrs. Henry Horn; owned by Adrian Falcon in 2008 and operated as an art gallery and beauty salon. Recorded Texas Historical Landmark
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Madison Garage - 109 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the second location for Mr. Madison's Ford Garage, shown here as Del Rio Motor.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Madison Garage - Corner Martin and South Main Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Mr. Madison's first Ford garage, built by Mr. Randall; later used by school district as bus repair shop. No longer standing.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Madison Gas Station/Store - 109 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Madison's Ford Gas Station and Store on Ogden Street. Reportedly the first Ford agency in Del Rio in 1920.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Malley Home - 514 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Marcy Martin - Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a grocery store; served as "western" store at time of photo.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission