Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 23 Matching Results

Search Results

[Anderson County Pasture]

Description: Photograph of a pasture filled with trees in Anderson County, Texas.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Bill Hall at the Inland Refinery]

Description: Photo of Bill Hall at the Inland Refinery, which was located near Tucker Texas.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Dedication of Marker at the Site of the John Henninger Reagan Home]

Description: Photo taken at the dedication of the Marker for site of the John H. Reagan home. Members of the Daughters of the American Colonists are shown. Right to Left: Mrs. Howard Crane Mrs. Richardson Unknown Mrs. Erma Gooch Collins Unknown
Date: February 14, 1951
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Dedication of the Elkhart High School]

Description: Photo taken the day of the dedication of the Elkhart High School. Left to Right: Co. Supt. R.H. Johnson Elkhart Principal, Mr. O'Quinn Elkhart Supt. W.J. Jentry Speaker Bonner Frizzell Mrs. Bonner Frizzell
Date: 1956~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Eighth Grade Class - Reagan Jr. High School]

Description: Photo of the 8th grade class at Reagan Jr. High School. Front Row Right to Left Katherine Bartey, Beverly Zimmerman, Joyce Bell, Amy Schmidt, Frances Dennis, Nell Vickery, Laura N. Sanders, Jean Spann, Mary Wanda Hill, Merilyn Lightfoot, Martha Fagan, Bill Logan, Benny Lester. Second Row Left to Right Jerry Pendland, Laura Sue Crutcher, Virginia Henderson, Elizabeth Dean, Frances Miller, Betty Lyles, Margaret Austin, Ann Simmons, June Graves, Addie M. White, Marion Boyd, Betty Leatherwood, Kay Mallory ?, Sylvia Foster, Nancy Squires. Third Row Right to Left George Paul, Wiltz Ledbetter, James Saxton, Will Jordan, Tommy Cook, Johnny Hambrick, Mary J. Reynolds, Virginia Neel, Jerry -?-, Jean Pope, Verl Burnaugh, Dickie Rogers, Lee Copeland, Benny Swinney, J.N. Reeder.
Date: 1954~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[First Christian Church - Palestine]

Description: Photo of the First Christian Church, which is located on Crawford Street in Palestine.
Date: 1950~
Creator: George A. McDonald
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Hassell-Foster Funeral Home - 207 S. Magnolia]

Description: Photograph of the front of the Hassell-Foster Funeral Home, which was located at 207 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a three-story stucco building with a square tower on the corner. It has a wrap-around porch that has Queen Anne-style turned-wood posts and decorative woodwork. A sign outside the front entrance says "Hassell-Foster Funeral Home" ad several cars are parked on the right side of the image, near a second entrance that has a canopy.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Interior of Unidentified Cafe]

Description: Interior of an unidentified cafe showing their soda fountain and main seating area in the back.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[J.C. Penney Company Building]

Description: Photo of the J.C. Penney Store, which was located at 201 W. Oak St. in Palestine, Texas.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Johnnie Bell Ballard]

Description: Photo of Johnnie Bell Ballard
Date: 1955~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Pal Theater]

Description: Photo of the Pal Theater, Palestine, Texas.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Possibly the First Baptist Church - Palestine]

Description: Photo of a church tentatively identified as the First Baptist church. This does not look like other pictures I have of this church, so this has not been verified.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Royall Bank Building]

Description: Photo of the Royall Bank Building. This bank faced Spring Street in downtown Palestine until the building was demolished in the late 1960's - Early 1970's
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Sally Jo Gilmore]

Description: Photograph of Sally Jo Gilmore - Woodhouse Class of 1954
Date: 1954
Creator: Osjetea Briggs
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Temple Opera House]

Description: The Temple Opera House was built originally as the Palestine Masonic Temple on Avenue A with the cornerstone date of August 29, 1878. In 1907, it was bought and remodeled by W.E. Swift and known as the New Temple Theater. In 1929, it was the home of Garrett Motor Company, Palestine's first Ford Motor Car Agency. It was demolished in 1962. It originally had another floor on top, but this was removed at some point.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Texas Theater - 213 W. Crawford]

Description: Photograph of the front of the Texas Theater, part of the 200 Block of W. Crawford Street in Palestine, Texas. The building is made of brick and has masonry embellishments on the facade. There is a "Texas" sign on the front of the building and several signs are visible above the box office, one says "The Brasher Dubloon."
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Train Depot at Palestine]

Description: Photo of the railroad depot in Palestine. This photo also shows a passenger car. The building has since been demolished.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Unidentified Group of Children]

Description: Photo of an undentified group of children taken at the Reagan School.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Unidentified Group of Women]

Description: Photo of an unidentified group of women
Date: 1950~
Creator: Osjetea Briggs
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Unidentified Woman]

Description: Photo of an unidentified woman
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission