Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[619 S. Sycamore - A.R. Howard Home]

Description: Photograph of the front and south side of "A.R. Howard Home," a two-story, Victorian Italianate-style house located at 619 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas. This house is noteworthy because of its load-bearing masonry (brick) construction and its segmental-arched openings, bracketed eaves, and low-pitched roof. The house is behind a brick fence with metal ornamentation.
Date: 1965~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[722 S. Magnolia - Lucas Davey House]

Description: Photograph of the front and south sides of the "Lucas-Davey House," a white, two-story Queen Anne-style home located at 722 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. Distinctive features include the asymmetrical massing, a richness in details and materials and superb craftsmanship. There are trees and bushes around the house, obscuring the porch and first floor.
Date: 1965~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Description: Photograph of the front of the "Howard House" located at 1011 N. Perry in Palestine, Texas. The house is a one-story, white, antebellum-style house with Greek revival influence. There are square columns along the front porch and a brick chimney on the side of the house. A sign in the front yard says "The Howard House Museum, Open Saturday & Sunday, 2 to 5 P.M."
Date: April 1969
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Description: Photograph of the front and side of the "Howard House" located at 1011 N. Perry in Palestine, Texas. The house is a one-story, antebellum-style house with Greek revival influence. There are square columns along the front porch and a brick chimney on the side of the house.
Date: 1960~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the south and west sides of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of N. Church and E. Crawford streets. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1960~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library