Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Description: Aerial photograph of Orange, Texas. Roads, wooded areas and developed areas can be seen. The Sabine River is on the right side (east of the city.
Date: 1962
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Anderson School]

Description: Photograph of the Anderson School in Orange, Texas in 1961. Mary Lynn Weir was principal at that time.
Date: April 1961
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[First Presbyterian Church]

Description: Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church in Orange, Texas from the west side. This building is also know as the Lutcher Memorial Building because it was was planned, built and underwritten by Mrs. Henry Jacob (Frances Ann) Lutcher as a memorial to the Henry Jacob Lutcher Family. It is an example of classic Greek Revival architecture, completed in 1912. It was one of the earliest air-conditioned buildings in the United States. The church has a large copper dome, large granite Corinthian columns on the front, and exquisite stained-glass windows. An intricate wrought-iron fence surrounds the property.
Date: 1965
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Rose MacFarlane]

Description: Color photograph of Rose MacFarlane, wife of C.W. MacFarlane. She wears a pink shirt.
Date: 1966
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Heritage House Museum