Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[411 S. Sycamore - A.S. Fox Home]

Description: Photograph of a family on the lawn of the A.S. Fox home, located at 411 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas. There are two young girls wearing light-colored dresses, standing on the left side of the image and looking at a spouting fountain in the yard; a man is standing on the right side of the image, holding a toddler. The house is visible in the background. It is a two-story, light-colored building with two chimneys and a widow's walk on the room, as well as a wrap-around front porch with woodwork. A woman is standing on the porch looking toward the camera. A smaller, more ornate building is also visible on the far left of the image.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[722 S. Magnolia - Lucas Davey House]

Description: Photograph of the front and south sides of the "Lucas-Davey House," a two-story Queen Anne-style home located at 722 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. Distinctive features include the asymmetrical massing, a richness in details and materials and superb craftsmanship. There are trees and bushes around the house, obscuring the porch and first floor.
Date: 1979~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[921 N. Cedar - Bailey - Summers House]

Description: Close-up of the southeast corner of the "Bailey-Summers House," a two-story, Classical Revival-style house located at 921 N. Cedar St. in Palestine, Texas. The dominant architectural feature is the front portico with two-story Ionic columns.
Date: 1979~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Close-up photograph of the front walk leading to the entrance of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1305 S. Sycamore - Broyles House]

Description: Close-up photograph of the southeast corner of the "Broyles House," a 2 ½-story frame house with Queen Anne-style architecture, located at 1305 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas.
Date: 1900~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson Campground - Brushy Creek Arbor]

Description: Photograph of the Anderson County Campground (commonly called the Brushy Creek Arbor), a historic site in Anderson County, Texas. It is an open structure with wooden posts and fencing and a wood and metal roof. The area is surrounded by trees.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Aerial photograph of the south and west sides of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front and there is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof. Buildings and parking lots on the nearby lots to the north and east of the building are visible in the background.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken at night. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1991~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken at night. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1991~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of a man wearing a suit, speaking into a microphone on the steps of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. There are people seated on the steps and standing on the ground watching. Part of the building's Classical Revival-style architecture is visible in the upper part of the image.
Date: unknown
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Carroll Building of First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Description: Photograph of the Carroll Building on the grounds of the First Methodist Church, which is located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a one-story brick building with round white columns on either side of the front porch; the east wall of the church is visible on the left side of the image.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Dogwood Trails]

Description: Photo of a young girl in Davey Dogwood Park near Palestine during the Dogwood Festival.
Date: March 1979
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Dogwood Trails]

Description: Photo of one of the roads in Davey Dogwood Park near Palestine during the Dogwood Festival.
Date: March 1979
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Dogwoods around the Sacred Heart Catholic Church]

Description: Photo of the dogwood trees blooming near the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, viewed from the northeast, on Queen Street in Palestine, Texas.
Date: March 1979
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Group of People in Front of Redlands Hotel]

Description: Group of unidentified people gathered around and on a fire truck parked in front of the Redlands Hotel, which is located at 400 N. Queen Street in Palestine, Texas.
Date: 1900~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[The Old Pilgrim Church - Elkhart, Texas]

Description: Photograph of a replica of the original Pilgrim Church, built near the later brick church just outside of Elkhart, Texas. It is a one-story log building and the wooden front door is open. A Texas Historical Commission plaque is posted on a stone to the right of the building; the Pilgrim Cemetery is partially visible in the background.
Date: 1979~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Reagan School - 400 S. Michaux]

Description: Photograph of the south side of the Reagan School located at 400 S. Michaux in Palestine, Texas. The three-story brick building has Tudor Revival-style architectural features and served as a school for various grades between 1916 and 1976, later becoming a museum.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Third Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the third Anderson County Courthouse in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with stone accents and a taller tower on one corner. There are saddled horses along the fence in the foreground.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Third Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the third Anderson County Courthouse in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with stone accents and a taller tower on one corner.
Date: [1885..1916]
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission