Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- 1950 Childress District Office, Texas Highway Dept - 1st picnic
- Photograph of a a Texas Highway Department picnic. A large gathering is shown with a man opening a bottled beverage while a young girl walks to the right , holding a drink.
- ["Boneheads" Working in the Community]
- Photograph of an explorer scout troop, known as the "Bonehead Boys", putting up signs in an open field. The men and boys are standing around a newly put up sign labeled "Childress & Baylor Lakes".
- Colorful Chuck Wagon Master, Col. Sam Privitt
- Photograph of Chuck Wagon Master Colonel Sam Privitt standing beside a wood cutout in the shape of Texas with several cattle brands burnt into it. Privitt is wearing a cowboy hat, bow tie, and vest.
- [Former Childress County Agent Chile Smith and 4-H Member Larry Murphy]
- Photograph of former Childress County Agent, Chile Smith, and 4-H member, Larry Murphy. The two men are shaking hands as Chile Smith hands a certificate to Larry Murphy. The certificate is facing the camera. They are inside an office and are both wearing cowboy hats.
- Helpy Selfy Grocery Store, owned by Rushing Family
- Photograph of two men in front of a grocery store. The store window is covered with food advertisements. One of the men is shown in a white apron holding a rod.
- [Robertson-Eubank Drug Store 1958]
- Photograph of the Robertson-Eubank Drug Store in Childress, Texas. The store is sandwiched in between two other businesses and there is a sign located directly in front of the store. A car is parked at an angle in front of the drug store.
- Saturday morning at The Palace
- Photograph of several children standing in line at the Palace Theater on a Saturday morning circa 1950. Posters for "Cariboo Trail" are visible on the front of the theater.