Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 53 Matching Results

Search Results

[Chamber of Commerce Saturday drawing]

Description: Many people gather in downtown Sanger each Saturday for a cash drawing. Entries for the drawing were obtained by making a purchase from participating merchants during the preceding week. George W. (Speedy) Sullivan, standing on truck conducting the drawing. George A. Sullivan standing arms akimbo with straw hat.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[First National Bank]

Description: Building on the corner of 3rd and Bolivar Streets. In 1899 Mr. Berry came to Sanger and with B.L. and J. W. Spencer bought the Farmers Bank of Sanger, changing the name to Farmers & Merchants Bank. It was chartered as First National Bank of Sanger in 1905.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Ella Warren's Insurance Office]

Description: Office in back part of First National Bank. Pictured are "Miss Ella" Warren with her partner RW Walten, Curtis Warren and Rev. J.L. Ratcliff Pastor of First Baptist Church. "Miss Ella" was the first woman in Sanger to receive the outstanding citizen award.
Date: 1923
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Jeweler Dan Davis]

Description: Interior of Gaskin Drug Store shows glass display case holding watches and jewery. Magazine rack in the foreground and Cigar poster on the wall flank Dan Davis, who not only sold, but also repaired watches.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Post Office, Sanger, Texas]

Description: Group includes (from left): H.D. Green, postmaster, Effie Green, Mrs H.D. Green, Tyler Green, Cleburne Warren, mail carrier, John Vaughn, mail carrier, Curtis Warren, mail carrier. The Post Office was located at east end of Dunn building on the north east corner of Bolivar and 4th Streets.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

Sanger Fire Department (Part 1 of 2)

Description: Firemen and their trucks, March 19, 1927. Listed on second photograph , from left to right, George A. Sullivan, Chas Milligan, W. D. Lewis, Glen Rieger, A. H. Haynie, A. L. Gentle, W. B. Chambers, Jno McClendon, R.E. Gentle, H. W. Ezell, Jno Hughes, Otis Jones and Chief Bud Gentle. Members not in the picture: Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett, and Jim Kline. The top of the Sanger School is seen in the background.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E. Carruth
Partner: Sanger Public Library

Sanger Fire Department (Part 2 of 2)

Description: Firemen and their fire trucks, March 19, 1927. Sanger Fire Department members from left to right: Otis Jones, Chief Bud Gentle (standing), A. G. Nance, Joe Hughes, Alton Gentle, S. C. Moore, L. B. Daniels, D. C. Gheens, G. W. Sullivan, Troy Stinson, Elmer Hulse, Jack McReynolds, Jno Richardson. Members not in the picture Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett and Jim Kline. Taken on the square in Sanger, looking north.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E Carruth
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[First public water tower]

Description: Dan Davis and Charlie Henderson owned and operated the first public water utility and electric power plant in Sanger. This water tank on wooden platform and tower, with work sheds and picket fence in foreground was built in 1906. It was on the south east corner of 4th and Locust Streets.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Sanger Public Library