Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 42 Matching Results

Search Results

[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

Description: Photograph of the front and east side of "Elmwood," a white, two-story house located at 601 E. Hodges in Palestine, Texas. The house has a wrap-around porch and a two-story pedimented portico with Ionic-style columns; these elements altered the original Queen Anne-style architecture.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Burning of the Railroad YMCA]

Description: Burning of the Railroad YMCA. The Railroad YMCA opened in April of 1903 and continued as the YMCA until the building burned in the mid 1950's. The building faced South Magnolia and was on the lot in front of the present Railroad General Office Building.
Date: 1955~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[638 S. Magnolia - Silliman House]

Description: Photograph of the front and north side of the Silliman House, a two-story, brick Georgian Revival-style house located at 638 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It has some stone accents including light-colored quoins on the corners.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front. The foreground of this image is blurred, obscuring part of the house.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof and there are awnings on all of the windows.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library