Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 65 Matching Results

Search Results

National Electrical Contractors' Association

Description: Exterior view of office. Sign on door reads: "National Electrical Contractors' Association Central Texas Chapter, Inc." This office had two locations in 1952 -- 1709 San Antonio and 706 West Avenue. The West Avenue address was the later address so this is probably the West Avenue location.
Date: November 20, 1952
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Capitol in Color

Description: Aerial show of Lavaca St. looking north. In the center right foreground is the Robert Schieffer filling station (note the Texaco star). On the left background is the Castilian dormitory.
Date: December 20, 1968
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Texas Bus Lines

Description: Wide shot photograph of a large group of people standing in a line on the street in front of three Texas Bus Lines buses. They are at the intersection of San Jacinto and 24th streets, in front of the Texas Natural History Museum at the University of Texas campus. A sculpture with several horses and a staircase leading up to the stone building are visible behind them.
Date: March 20, 1956
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Location Info:
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library