Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 139 Matching Results

Search Results

[Construction at fleet berthing facility]

Description: Photograph of construction at the fleet berthing facilities in Orange, Texas. There is a motorboat docked along the shoreline in the foreground. Text in the lower-right corner says: "Brown & Root Inc. Contract Noy 13234. Fleet berthing facilities Orange, Texas. View of Const. from across river Opp. Pier 6. 7/19/46 No. 61."
Date: July 19, 1946
Partner: Heritage House Museum

Picnic on Simms Place

Description: Photograph of a large group of people walking away from the camera. They are outside on grass and there are many trees. The women wear white blouses with skirts, some wear hats, the men wear trousers and shirts with hats. There are children running. In the lower left hand corner of the frame there is writing that reads, "I am in front of Bessie Huff. Picnic on Simms Place 1908". Across the bottom it reads, "Mr. and Mrs. Huff" and "Grace Bayer".
Date: July 4, 1908
Partner: Wolf Creek Heritage Museum

[First Christian Church Dedication]

Description: Photograph of the new church building dedication for the First Christian Church. The Reverend Claude F. Pierce (dressed in white shirt and pants with dark jacket in front with his hands on his hips) was the minister here 1911-1915.
Date: July 1915
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[Old Settlers Parade 1942]

Description: Photograph of the Old Settlers' parade held in Childress, Texas in 1942. In the procession are two young children, a boy and a girl, in costumes riding scooters. Following them is a woman dressed as a clown and a line of men and women riding horses. The parade is traveling down a busy street lined with businesses, parked cars, and watchful spectators. Among the spectators is a man in military uniform.
Date: July 17, 1942
Creator: Webb Studio
Partner: Childress County Heritage Museum

Old Settlers 1946

Description: Photograph of several young and old gathered in Fair Park for the 58th Old Settlers Reunion on July 18th, 1946. There are several cars parked behind the settlers beneath some trees.
Date: July 18, 1946
Partner: Childress County Heritage Museum

Goad Motor Company

Description: Exterior view of building and used car lot of Goad Motor Company. This Oldsmobile Cadillac dealership was located at 1214 W. 6th Street.
Date: July 16, 1952
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Goad Motor Company

Description: Interior shot of the parts department. Goad Motor Company was the Oldsmobile Cadillac dealership located at 1214 W. 6th Street.
Date: July 16, 1952
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Austin Aerials - CB Francis Rest Home

Description: Aerial shot of CB Francis Rest Home, 6909 Burnet Rd. Burnet Road running left to right in center. Cullen Ave on left and Justin Lane intersecting Burnet Lane and Burnet Road on the right. Two of buildings on left hand side of Justin Lane on the upper right are churches. Daugherty St running left to right (to Justin) on lower left.
Date: July 13, 1965
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library