Description: Color postcard depicting the Chapel at Hampton Institute. It is a brick building with a tall bell tower. The date 9-22-07 is hand written on the front. Information on the back reads, "The Chapel at Hampton Institute. The Memorial Chapel dedicated in May 1886 was a gift of the Frederick L. Marquand Estate. It is a perfect specimen of Italian Romanesque architecture and is built of red brick outside while the interior is cream brick." It is addressed to Miss Rosa Bassano, Paris, Tex. It is postmarked Fortress Monroe, Va. on Sept 22, 1907.
Partner: Private Collection of Joe E. Haynes