Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Sanger School class picture 1916-1917, 2nd or 3rd grade]
- Left to right- Back row- Ruby Pearl Odom, Erminia Perez, Alyne Seals, Alta Mae Crandall, Ida Pearl Nance, Faye McClendon , Pauline Carson, Nell Thomas, (unknown), Mildred Touchstone, Oveleta Smith, Mary Sue Lusk, Pauline Burchard, (unknown). Front Row- (unknown), Calvin Kline, Bennie Hughes, Howard Carrico, Bill Burroughs, Tommy McDaniel, Gyp Gibson, J. P. Hampton, Grady Woods, Willard Ashely, Frank Burchard, (unknown).
- [Sanger High School Class of 1915]
- Left to right: Alma Lain Chambers (teacher), William Bush Chambers (teacher), four unknown, Gwendolyn Chambers (later Huey), unknown
- [First public water tower]
- Dan Davis and Charlie Henderson owned and operated the first public water utility and electric power plant in Sanger. This water tank on wooden platform and tower, with work sheds and picket fence in foreground was built in 1906. It was on the south east corner of 4th and Locust Streets.
- [Post Office, Sanger, Texas]
- Group includes (from left): H.D. Green, postmaster, Effie Green, Mrs H.D. Green, Tyler Green, Cleburne Warren, mail carrier, John Vaughn, mail carrier, Curtis Warren, mail carrier. The Post Office was located at east end of Dunn building on the north east corner of Bolivar and 4th Streets.
- [Gipson & Babb General Store]
- Front of Gipson & Babb Drugs & General Merchandise in Hunt County. Five men in western dress on front porch, one man on horseback. Hand made signs for ice cold drinks and one for long distance telephone.
- [Dr. Wall and Dan Davis]
- Outside of store displaying Coca Cola sign, Dr. Wall (Dentist) & Dan Davis are mock fighting for the camera.
- [Jeweler Dan Davis]
- Interior of Gaskin Drug Store shows glass display case holding watches and jewery. Magazine rack in the foreground and Cigar poster on the wall flank Dan Davis, who not only sold, but also repaired watches.
- [Gaskins Drug Store]
- Gaskins Drug Store, NE corner of 3rd and Bolivar streets. Shows typical soda fountain. At register: W H Gaskin, on his right: Duncan Davidson, opposite them: Dan Davis, Jeweler
- [Sanger Dry Goods Store]
- Interior of store with ladies hats displayed prominently. Mr. Andrews, Mrs. Waide, Mr. Collins, and Mr. McNiel.