Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 419 Matching Results

Search Results

[Mother's Day at First Christian Church]

Description: Photograph of three women on Mother's Day at the First Christian Church. Joan Edwards presented flowers to the oldest and youngest mothers. Left to right are Joan Edwards, Mrs. G.W. Cline (the oldest mother present), and Vicki Cropper (the youngest mother present).
Date: 1973
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link Home]

Description: Copy print of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1975~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Reagan School - 400 S. Michaux]

Description: Photograph of the south side of the Reagan School located at 400 S. Michaux in Palestine, Texas. The three-story brick building has Tudor Revival-style architectural features and served as a school for various grades between 1916 and 1976, later becoming a museum.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Hotel O'Neill - 313 Spring Street]

Description: Photograph of the front and one side of Hotel O'Neill, which was located at 313 Spring Street in Palestine, Texas. It is a four-story brick building with some architectural embellishments around the windows; it also has a roof over the front entrance with a "Hotel O'Neill" sign. Cars are parked on the street in front of the building. This building was razed in 1983.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[View of Spring Street facing the Businesses]

Description: View of Spring street facing north across the road from the railroad tracks side. Businesses pictured in this photo included the Trailways Bus Station, the O'Neill Hotel, Jenkins Drug Store, Garners Cigar Store, and the White House Cafe. These buildings are all gone now, replaced by vacant lots.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission