Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Farwell Home]

Description: Exterior view of the Farwell home, sometimes referred to as "Little Mexico" It is located on Green Avenue between Seventh and Eighth Streets.
Date: 1975
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Farwell Home]

Description: Exterior view of the Farwell home, sometimes referred to as "Little Mexico" It is located on Green Avenue between Seventh and Eighth Streets.
Date: 1975
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Farwell Home]

Description: Exterior view of the Farwell home, sometimes referred to as "Little Mexico" It is located on Green Avenue between Seventh and Eighth Streets.
Date: 1975
Partner: Heritage House Museum

A barge identified as "Bull Run"

Description: A barge identified as "Bull Run" navigates next to the shore of a wharf at a high speed.
Date: May 16, 1970
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Aerial View of Simmons Drive in Orange, Texas]

Description: Aerial photograph of Simmons Drive in Orange, Texas. The road construction and the wooded areas can be seen. The Sabine River is at the top of the photo.
Date: 1970
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Aerial View of Southeast Texas]

Description: Aerial photograph of Southeast Texas. Roads, wooded areas and developed areas can be seen.
Date: 1970
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Aerial View of Southeast Texas]

Description: Aerial photograph of Southeast Texas. Roads, wooded areas and developed areas can be seen.
Date: 1970
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Members of the First Christian Church]

Description: Photograph of the members of the First Christian Church. Left to right: Julia Jones, Glenn Lowther, Mark Hockett, Dr. D. Ray Lindley (Interim Minister), and Olive Fern Arisco. Event not known.
Date: 1979
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[First Christian Church Greeters for Sunday Morning Service]

Description: Photograph of greeters for the Sunday Morning Worship Service at First Christian Church. They are shown here in the narthex of the church at 620 Woodworth Blvd. Front row, left to right: Robert A. Bowers, Johnny Edgerton, and Leatrice Huber. Back row, left to right: Glynn Lowther, Len Caillouet, and Fred Day.
Date: April 1979
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[Mother's Day at First Christian Church]

Description: Photograph of three women on Mother's Day at the First Christian Church. Joan Edwards presented flowers to the oldest and youngest mothers. Left to right are Joan Edwards, Mrs. G.W. Cline (the oldest mother present), and Vicki Cropper (the youngest mother present).
Date: 1973
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[First Christian Church After a Snowstorm]

Description: Photograph of the First Christian Church after a snowstorm that took place on January 11, 1973. Three and a half inches of snow covers the church and the church bus parked on the left hand side of the church.
Date: January 12, 1973
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[Celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the Church]

Description: Photograph of the celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the First Christian Church. Yvonne Sutherlin and Hugh Reeder, "Old Timers" discuss the "old times" on stage in a theatrical skit.
Date: March 1979
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link Home]

Description: Copy print of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1975~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Aerial Photo of Osjetea Briggs' Home]

Description: Aerial photo of the home of Osjetea Briggs, which was located just out of the Palestine, Texas city limits on the highway going toward Rusk.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Osjetea Briggs Home - Rusk Highway]

Description: Photograph of the home of Osjetea Briggs, which was located just out of the city limits on the highway going toward Rusk.
Date: 1970~
Creator: Osjetea Briggs
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Looking East up Avenue A]

Description: Looking east up Avenue A from a position near the front of the Presbyterian Church toward to the Anderson County Courthouse.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Reagan School - 400 S. Michaux]

Description: Photograph of the south side of the Reagan School located at 400 S. Michaux in Palestine, Texas. The three-story brick building has Tudor Revival-style architectural features and served as a school for various grades between 1916 and 1976, later becoming a museum.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Sacred Heart Catholic Church - 503 N. Queen]

Description: Photograph of the front and west side of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, located at 503 N. Queen in Palestine, Texas, viewed from Oak Street. The handmade brick building has a square tower on the southeast corner and features many Gothic arch-style windows.
Date: 1970~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Hotel O'Neill - 313 Spring Street]

Description: Photograph of the front and one side of Hotel O'Neill, which was located at 313 Spring Street in Palestine, Texas. It is a four-story brick building with some architectural embellishments around the windows; it also has a roof over the front entrance with a "Hotel O'Neill" sign. Cars are parked on the street in front of the building. This building was razed in 1983.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[View of Spring Street facing the Businesses]

Description: View of Spring street facing north across the road from the railroad tracks side. Businesses pictured in this photo included the Trailways Bus Station, the O'Neill Hotel, Jenkins Drug Store, Garners Cigar Store, and the White House Cafe. These buildings are all gone now, replaced by vacant lots.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[304 Main Street]

Description: Photograph of the entrance to a multi-story commercial building located at 304 Main Street in Palestine, Texas. It has three large, arched openings for doors and windows with decorative metalwork over them, depicting trees. Part of the adjacent building is visible on the right.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission