Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Railroad House - 127 East Martin Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini; carport added later.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[D.Hart's Dairy and Cheese Factory - Cienegas Road]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hand-cut rock two-story built in 1880s for dairy and cheese factory; one-story home added in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Leinham Home - 302 East 2nd Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home; owned by Beulah Daniel in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Alderhold Home - East 2nd Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock house in poor condition in 1976 and owned by O. J. White.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[John Owen Glen Home - Gibbs Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly, Mr. Glen was a sutler at Camp Del Rio. When Camp closed, he used lumber from the old buildings to build this home, carrying the lumber in a wheelbarrow and on his shoulders. Owned by Mr. Glen, a descendant, in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Ray Home - Duke Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1877 by Bochat, reportedly one of the first ten houses built in Del Rio, adobe with 18 inch walls, small and high windows and fireplace inside living room. Charles Ray owns home in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Price Woods House - 609 Griner]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story Victorian built 1907 by Price who owned Del Rio's first lumber yard; altered plastic wood-like siding added by 1976; building subdivided into apartments by 1976 and owned by Dr. Turullahs.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Greenwood Park - Greenwood, Garfield, Griner Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Land donated by Frank Greenwood to City of Del Rio for a park with an adobe gazebo; VVCHC restored gazebo in 1972.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Henson Hotel - 211-221 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1920 as Henson Hotel; in 1976 is used for Wipff's Furniture & Appliance, owned by Dobkin family.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Fred Brown Home - 709 Spring]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Dr. Rose Home - 1100 Griner]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Tully Shahan in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Kent Home - Bolner Lane]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Armstrong House - 821 Spring]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. See Louise Gylmer - J. Kurchiville.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Williams Hospital - 213 East Martin]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Brick and plaster. Reportedly 1920.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Marion Pafford Home - 305 Canal]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Leslie Schmidt in 1976.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Bochat Home - 400 Nicholson Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe and plaster.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[LaCrosse Home - 109 East 2nd Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock built in 1905?
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Swift Home - 400 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock and frame.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Greenwood Home - 407 Griner]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Willis Home - 507 Greenwood]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame.
Date: 1976
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission