Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Dr. Rose Home - 1100 Griner]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Tully Shahan in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Duke Home - 108 East Broadway]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home used as an office in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Ellis Home - Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Perry Ellis built home in the early 1900s; it was for sale in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[F. C. Blaine Home -- Broadway Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly home built by F. C. Blaine in the 1880s who sold it to Mr. Ware (who had built the "Opera House" in 1886, later known as "Rita Theatre" and later as "Paul Poag Theatre"); First Church of Christ Scientist owned home at time of photo. Later note on survey says the building was "destroyed 1978."
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Fawcett Home - a - 416 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Fawcett Home - b - 416 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - a - 123 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - b - 123 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Fred Brown Home - 709 Spring]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Galindo Home -- 102 West Pafford Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Home of Galindo family who operated attached beauty shop on corner of Main Street (former Schunke home 1896). Wood building painted white with tin roof.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Galindo Store -- Corner Main and Pafford Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe painted aqua serves as beauty shop operated by Galindo family; former Schunke home (1896).
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Gillis Home - Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Early American home built around 1890 for Walter Gillis Sr.; owned by Mrs. Roger Gillis in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Grady-Lowrey Home - 201 Texas Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built by J. Mason in 1902-03; added to by son-in-law J. C. Clarkson; owned by Mrs. Grady Lowrey in 1976, who is granddaughter of Mason and daughter of Clarkson.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Greenwood Park - Greenwood, Garfield, Griner Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Land donated by Frank Greenwood to City of Del Rio for a park with an adobe gazebo; VVCHC restored gazebo in 1972.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Griffen Home - Garfield Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home with 18 inch walls built in 1901; for sale in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]

Description: Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Hamilton Home - 404 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by L. E. Perry in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Hardin Home - 506 Losoya]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. Remodeled. Owned by C. B. Bushager in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Henson Hotel - 211-221 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1920 as Henson Hotel; in 1976 is used for Wipff's Furniture & Appliance, owned by Dobkin family.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission