Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Baker's Shoe Store

Description: Exterior view of Baker's Shoe Store with show windows. Baker's Shoe Store was located at 708 Congress.
Date: January 1, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

["The Black Gold" arriving in Dallas]

Description: Frisco's "The Black Gold" train No. 517, southbound, headed by Engine No. 1039, a Pacific type 4-6-2 locomotive, arriving in Dallas from Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Date: 1950
Creator: Plummer, Roger S.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

["The Bluebonnet" departs from Dallas]

Description: It's a typical summer day in Texas and the year is 1950. The Katy's "The Bluebonnet" train No. 7 southbound, headed by a beautiful Pacific type 4-6-2 locomotive, with a consist of eight standard heavyweight passenger cars - departs from Dallas on its lengthy run to San Antonio.
Date: 1950
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

["The Bluebonnet" in Dallas]

Description: Missouri - Kansas - Texas Railroad's train No. 7, "The Bluebonnet", headed by Engine No. 392, a type 4-6-2 locomotive in Dallas in 1950.
Date: 1950
Creator: Plummer, Roger S.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Boy Scouts in Parade]

Description: Clifton parade - Boy Scouts marching
Date: 1950 - 1959
Creator: Blewitt, William
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission

Bridge Between Port Arthur and Orange, Texas

Description: Photographic postcard of the cantilever bridge crossing the Neches River in Southeast Texas. It connects Port Arthur with Bridge City in Orange County. It is the highest bridge in Texas and is now known as the Rainbow Bridge. The card was mailed Dec 10, 1950 from Orange, Texas.
Date: 1950~
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Heritage House Museum

L.C. Anderson High School - Old Building

Description: Exterior view of L.C. Anderson High School and grounds. Anderson was the Black high school and at this time it was located at 1167 Comal Street.
Date: January 1, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Classroom at Tilley School]

Description: Photograph of two students in a classroom at the Tilley School in Orange, Texas. They are pointing to a poster of book covers of American biographies. Looking on are Principal Myrtle Richardson ans teacher Mary Lynn Weir.
Date: 1950
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Clifton Centennial-1952 #2]

Description: Scooter, advertising Whitney Jewlers, pulling cart with two small children
Date: 1950 - 1959
Creator: Blewitt, William
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission