Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Fred Brown Home - 709 Spring]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Galindo Home -- 102 West Pafford Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Home of Galindo family who operated attached beauty shop on corner of Main Street (former Schunke home 1896). Wood building painted white with tin roof.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Galindo Store -- Corner Main and Pafford Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe painted aqua serves as beauty shop operated by Galindo family; former Schunke home (1896).
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Gillis Home - Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Early American home built around 1890 for Walter Gillis Sr.; owned by Mrs. Roger Gillis in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Grady-Lowrey Home - 201 Texas Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built by J. Mason in 1902-03; added to by son-in-law J. C. Clarkson; owned by Mrs. Grady Lowrey in 1976, who is granddaughter of Mason and daughter of Clarkson.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Greenwood Park - Greenwood, Garfield, Griner Streets]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Land donated by Frank Greenwood to City of Del Rio for a park with an adobe gazebo; VVCHC restored gazebo in 1972.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Griffen Home - Garfield Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home with 18 inch walls built in 1901; for sale in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]

Description: Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Hamilton Home - 404 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by L. E. Perry in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Hardin Home - 506 Losoya]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. Remodeled. Owned by C. B. Bushager in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Henson Hotel - 211-221 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1920 as Henson Hotel; in 1976 is used for Wipff's Furniture & Appliance, owned by Dobkin family.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Herbst Home - 500 Spring Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Max Herbst in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[John Doak Home - 313 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by John Taini in 1906 as a home for rancher John Doak. One story cut rock with gingerbread trim and rock pillows of solid pieces of stone. In 1976 it is Arturo Gonzalez' law office; he is still there in 2008.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[John Owen Glen Home - Gibbs Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly, Mr. Glen was a sutler at Camp Del Rio. When Camp closed, he used lumber from the old buildings to build this home, carrying the lumber in a wheelbarrow and on his shoulders. Owned by Mr. Glen, a descendant, in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Julius Franki Home - a - 500 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Julius Franki Home - b - 500 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Keller Home - 406 Mills]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Kent Home - Bolner Lane]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission

[Leinham Home - 302 East 2nd Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home; owned by Beulah Daniel in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission