Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 1,023 Matching Results

Search Results

[407 E. Kolstad - Mallard Alexander House]

Description: Photograph of the Mallard Alexander House located at 407 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. It is a light-colored house surrounded by a lawn and trees, with a circular drive partially visible on the right side of the image.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[638 S. Magnolia - Silliman House]

Description: Photograph of the front and north side of the Silliman House, a two-story, brick Georgian Revival-style house located at 638 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It has some stone accents including light-colored quoins on the corners.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[601 E. Hodges - Elmwood]

Description: Photograph of the front and east side of "Elmwood," a white, two-story house located at 601 E. Hodges in Palestine, Texas. The house has a wrap-around porch and a two-story pedimented portico with Ionic-style columns; these elements altered the original Queen Anne-style architecture.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Historical Marker]

Description: Photo of a historical marker in Anderson County.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Train Depot at Palestine]

Description: Photo of the railroad depot in Palestine. This photo also shows a passenger car. The building has since been demolished.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Unidentified Men]

Description: Photo of a group of unidentified men wearing suits, standing in a line.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Palestine Train Depot]

Description: Photograph of the Palestine Train Depot. This building was torn down sometime in the 1980's.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Palestine Railroad Depot]

Description: Photograph of the Palestine Train Depot. This building was torn down sometime in the 1980's.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[400 N. Queen - Redlands Hotel]

Description: Photograph of the south and west sides of the Redlands Hotel, on the corner of Oak and Queen streets, at 400 N. Queen in Palestine, Texas. It is a Two-Part Vertical Block building that has a U-shaped plan and load-bearing masonry walls, with Renaissance Revival-style architectural elements. Noteworthy features include the quoin-like brick in the end bays of the west and south elevations, and the entablature with large brackets.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Palestine Depot]

Description: Photograph of the Palestine Train Depot. This building was torn down sometime in the 1980's.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front. The foreground of this image is blurred, obscuring part of the house.
Date: 1950~
Location Info:
Partner: Palestine Public Library

[Interior of St. Phillips Episcopal Church - Palestine]

Description: Photo of the interior of the St. Phillips Episcopal Church, Palestine. It was originally built c. 1870 on the corner of Crawford and Sycamore Streets in Palestine and was moved across Sycamore Street about 1909, which is where it sits today.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Palestine Public Library