Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 28 Matching Results

Search Results

["The Lackawanna Limited" pulls into Slateford Junction, Pennsylvania]

Description: The Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad's predecessor to the Phoebe Snow, the Lackawanna Limited, second section of train No. 6 arriving at Slateford Junction, Pennsylvania, on the Delaware Water Gap, in September 1949. The train is headed by a Pacific type locomotive.
Date: September 5, 1949
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

["The Kansas City Star"]

Description: On a snowy morning at 10 o'clock, with the temperature at 18 degrees, the Union Pacific Railroad's No. 69, westbound, headed by Engine No. 2877, a Pacific type 4-6-2 locomotive, departs from the Kansas City Union Station enroute from St. Louis to Denver on January 5, 1947.
Date: January 5, 1947
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

Obie Jones, Travis Co. delegation at KTBC

Description: Obie Jones and Travis Co. delegation (Charles Herring, Charles Sandahl, Wilson Forema) on KTBC-TV
Date: February 5, 1957
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Ed Coker and Fiancee - Portrait

Description: Photographic portrait of Ed Coker and fiancee.
Date: August 5, 1958
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Bolm Building

Description: Exterior view of The Bolm Building at 308 W. 15th Street.
Date: June 5, 1956
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Toy Palace Toy Store]

Description: Photograph of the exterior of a building with a sign that reads "Toys." The Capitol building is in the background. The store was located at 1309 Lavaca Street.
Date: June 5, 1956
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Bird-Scheib, Inc.

Description: Exterior view of buildings in the 1300 block of Lavaca Street. Among the businesses are The Toy Palace and Bird-Scheib Interior Decoration, Furniture and Gifts.
Date: June 5, 1956
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Paul Bolton, KLBJ Newscaster, and Family

Description: Group of young women gathered around the mailbox at 2208 Windsor Rd. East. This was the residence of the Bolton family.
Date: May 5, 1943
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Paul Bolton, KLBJ Newscaster

Description: Paul Bolton, seated at desk, talking on telephone.
Date: May 5, 1943
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Confederate Home

Description: Exterior view of grounds and building at The Confederate Home. This home for Confederate veterans was located at 1600 W. 6th Street.
Date: August 5, 1946
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Building where Norden Bomb Sight was stored

Description: Photograph of a building at the Childress Army Air Field in which the Norden Bombsight was stored. The building is dilapidated. The photograph was taken prior to restoration attempts.
Date: September 5, 1997
Partner: Childress County Heritage Museum

["Sunbeam" train leaving Dallas]

Description: In an era of rapid transit in Texas the Southern Pacific's advertisements cited the "Sunbeam" trains - modern streamliners - as the apex in luxury and speed between Dallas and Houston - an elapsed time of four hours and twenty-five minutes. This view portrays the "Sunbeam" train No. 14 southbound headed by Engine No. 651 - a streamlined Pacific type 4-6-2 locomotive - rolling out of Dallas Union Station, enroute to Houston on the afternoon of October 5, 1952.
Date: October 5, 1952
Creator: Plummer, Roger S.
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

Colonel O.B. Abbott

Description: Man in uniform seated behind desk. Oscar B. Abbott is listed in 1949 City Directory as Executive Officer, Texas Military District. The Abbotts resided at 2000 Bremen.
Date: May 5, 1949
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Superior Dairies

Description: Exterior view of plant with delivery truck parked in front. The plant was located at 600 E. 1st Street.
Date: October 5, 1949
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library