Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 18 Matching Results

Search Results

[Sanger Presbyterian Church / Sanger Public Library]

Description: Originally in 1902 built to serve as a Presbyterian Church. It was donated to the city, and housed the public library from 1972 to 1995. Historical marker describes the history of the congregation rather than the building.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Sewer site with building]

Description: Original Sanger Sewer site probably built in 1920s. Showing pipes and a small building. Sign says, "DANGER Chlorine gas"
Date: 1980~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Sewer site]

Description: Original Sanger Sewer site probably built in the early 1920s. Concrete holding pools.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Aerial photograph of the south and west sides of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front and there is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof. Buildings and parking lots on the nearby lots to the north and east of the building are visible in the background.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson Campground - Brushy Creek Arbor]

Description: Photograph of the Anderson County Campground (commonly called the Brushy Creek Arbor), a historic site in Anderson County, Texas. It is an open structure with wooden posts and fencing and a wood and metal roof. The area is surrounded by trees.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Detail view of the architecture just south of the entrance on the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Neches River, Anderson County]

Description: Photograph of the Neches River from the Anderson County side. This river forms the Eastern boundary of Anderson County.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[418 N. Tennessee - St. Mary's Academy]

Description: Photograph of the front entrance of St. Mary's Academy, located on the 500 Block of N. Tennessee Avenue in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with Gothic Revival-style features. There is a partially-visible stone tower above the entrance, as well as a stone arch over the door. Part of another wing is visible on the left side of the image.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Watering Trough on Avenue A]

Description: In 1895, Caldwell Green felt Palestine's horses needed more attention, so he built a watering trough on Avenue A in downtown Palestine. This trough, with his name and the date, is still there, but now contains a flower garden. At one time before this picture was made, it sported fhe figure of a child on a dolphin in the center of the fountain.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Attakapan Arrow Heads]

Description: Photograph of six small Atakapan Indian arrow heads in a man's hand. These small arrow heads were used for fish and birds.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Fifth and Front Street]

Description: Photograph looking north on Fifth Street from the Orange Public Library parking lot on Front Street in 1980. The dome of the First Baptist Church can be seen in the distance. The brick tower of the First Methodist Church is to the left of that.
Date: 1980
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Camp Wildurr Junior Summer Camp]

Description: Photograph of Camp Wildurr and it's junior campers.
Date: 1980
Creator: Darrell Baker
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur