Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 133 Matching Results

Search Results

[Grading Bolivar Street]

Description: Tractors, one possibly steam, grading the road. Early wooden structures and one brick or stone building on right. Man on left is Dr. Ervin Howard, first doctor in Sanger. May 23, 1892
Date: May 23, 1892
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Looking North along N. Sycamore Street]

Description: Looking north along N. Sycamore Street. Notice the construction of what was the Royall National Bank Drive-Thru building on the right. This bank later became the Hibernia Bank, then Capitol One in 2006.
Date: May 1979
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Chicago Union Station - South Side]

Description: South side of the Chicago Union Station which is used by passenger trains of the Penn Central, Burlington Northern and Gulf, Mobile & Ohio Railroads. The north side of this station is used by trains of the Milwaukee Road.
Date: May 16, 1969
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Santa Fe's "The Chief"]

Description: Reminiscent of the "Glory Days of Steam" the Santa Fe's "The Chief" train No. 20, eastbound, tri-headed by locomotives, is climbing to the crest of Raton Pass in New Mexico in May 1947.
Date: May 1947
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

Orangefield Oil Field in 1927

Description: Photograph of the Orangefield Oil Field. In the foreground are pipes with wheel cranks and a wooden bridge on the top of two tanks with a large tank behind that. On the ground on the right side of the frame are many fat and skinny pipes lined up. In the background are numerous spindletops.
Date: May 31, 1927
Partner: Heritage House Museum

Gussie Shutterly's Well

Description: Photograph of Gussie Shutterly's Well. There is car parked on the very left side of the frame and two others on the right side of the frame. The well tower is centered and there are wires attached to it. There is a double exposure on the right side of the photograph that shows the back end of a car. Written across the bottom border is "Gussie Shutterly's Well. May 1959."
Date: May 1959
Partner: Wolf Creek Heritage Museum

The Boone Tyson Well

Description: Photograph of the Boone Tyson Well. Surrounding the well are four cars, three trucks, a camper, four tanks, a pile of long pipe and eight people on or around it. In the foreground are a man and woman standing next to a car. The date is printed on the top border of the photo, "May 56".
Date: May 1956
Partner: Wolf Creek Heritage Museum

A barge identified as "Bull Run"

Description: A barge identified as "Bull Run" navigates next to the shore of a wharf at a high speed.
Date: May 16, 1970
Partner: Heritage House Museum

Judge and Elizabeth Neff

Description: Portrait of Judge Neff and Mrs. Elizabeth Neff
Date: May 16, 1995
Partner: Heritage House Museum

[Group of May Day Participants]

Description: Photograph of participants in May Day procession at St. Ignatius Catholic Church where Father Duffy was the pastor. The group is posed in several rows: young girl at the front (Mary Margaret McBride) is holding a pillow with flowers on it; directly behind her, two young boys wearing capes (Jerry Sangalli, and Billy Fortune) have their hands folded; to either side, two young women wearing dresses (Hellen Gallagher and Jane McNamara) also have their hands folded and the girl to the left is holding a piece of paper; at the back, center of the group, a fourth girl (Betty Zoe Garza) is dressed as May Queen wearing a white dress and veil, also holding a piece of paper. Betty Zoe Garza, May Queen, stands in back; In next row are Hellen Gallagher, Jerry Sangalli, Billy Fortune and Jane McNamara. In foreground is Mary Margaret McBride.
Date: May 18, 1942
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Bedroom

Description: View of hotel bedroom with twin beds.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Office Area

Description: View of office area with desks, chairs and fireplace.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Office Area

Description: Office area with desk, chairs and fireplace.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel - Old House

Description: Old house perhaps adjacent to the hotel. Construction of some type is underway. Perhaps the house is being prepared to be moved.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Barber Shop

Description: View of the busy barber shop at The Commodore Perry Hotel.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Kitchen

Description: Kitchen area of the new hotel with stainless cabinets and appliances. Construction was begun on The Commodore Perry Hotel in 1948 and it was completed in 1950. It ceased operations as a hotel in 1974. The hotel was located at 8th and Brazos Streets.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Tips Engine Works

Description: Interior view of work area. Tips Engine Works was located at 300 Baylor Street.
Date: May 19, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Bedroom

Description: View of hotel bedroom with original 1950s furnishings and decor.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Barber Shop

Description: View of hotel barber shop with two chairs and two barbers.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Commodore Perry Hotel Kitchen

Description: View of hotel kitchen.
Date: May 4, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library