Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 154 Matching Results

Search Results

Pemberton Place 2413

Description: Installation of fireplace in a house being built at 2413 Pemberton Place. Dr. J. Harriss Williams was owner of the property. This is one of sixteen photographs but is the only one that was scanned.
Date: November 6, 1955
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Portrait of the Anderson High School Band]

Description: Photograph of the Anderson High School Band, posing for a portrait. They are arranged in four rows, wearing dark-colored uniforms, and holding instruments. In the middle of the second row is the director in a dark-colored suit, and the conductor in a light-colored uniform.
Date: October 31, 1955
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Portrait of the Anderson High School Baseball Team]

Description: Portrait of the Anderson High School baseball team. They are sitting in two rows and wearing baseball uniforms. There is a man in the middle of the back row in a dark-colored suit. They are sitting in a field, and there is a line of houses in the background.
Date: October 31, 1955
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[The "Powatan Arrow" passing the "Jawn Henry"]

Description: Norfolk and Western Railway's the "Powhatan Arrow" headed by streamlined engine No. 605, a Class J Northern type 4-8-4 locomotive, passing engine No. 2300, the "Jawn Henry." The Jawn Henry was a one-of-a-kind experimental coal turbine electric that had a water tube boiler. It was rated at 4500 horsepower at 8000 rpm. It was built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in May 1954 and left the N&W roster on January 4, 1958.
Date: 1955~
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

[Presentation to Glynn Lowther]

Description: Photograph of the presentation to Glynn Lowther, Building Committee Chairman for the First Christian Church. Left to right: C.E. Perry, Charter Member; Elbert M. Reeder, elder and Chairman of the Board during construction of the sanctuary; Glynn Lowther; the Reverent John H. Hughes, Minister; and Mrs. John McDonald, Charter Member.
Date: October 8, 1955
Creator: J.C. Watkins Photography
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur