Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 1,800 Matching Results

Search Results

[Adult Choir]

Description: Photograph of the First Christian Church Adult Choir. Back row - left to right: A.E. Catanach, not know, not known, Peg Catanach, Curtis Lacy, not known, Ralph Breelove, not known, not known, McIntosh, Austine Mills. Front row - left to right: Mathilda Steed, not known, Mildred Allgood, Gladys Lacy, Lolly Prafka, Alma Rigsby, Allene Breedlove, not known, Peggy McIntosh, Willie Mae West.
Date: 1950
Creator: Pridgen's Studio
Partner: First Christian Church of Port Arthur

[Aerial View of Orange, Texas]

Description: Aerial photograph of Orange, Texas. Many of the buildings in the photograph are now gone. Mrs. Lutcher Stark of Orange bought most of the downtown properties and built a performing arts theater and museum. The buildings that did survive are mostly occupied by Lamar University, Orange extension. The Sabine River is on the lower left.
Date: 1950
Partner: Heritage House Museum

Aerial views

Description: Looking NW from about the north approach from Lamar bridge. At the lower right, RR tracks cross Lamar Blvd. and note the RR Depot in the mid center of photograph and the water tank toward the bottom left. West 6th St runs in the center from left to right.
Date: April 18, 1950
Creator: Douglass, neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Aerial views - East Avenue Highway

Description: Aerial view of neighborhood south of the University of Texas in foreground, with the University Campus in the center and the Capitol and downtown visible above Texas Memorial Stadium. Red River Street is prominent in the frame.
Date: September 20, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Aerial views - East Avenue Highway

Description: Aerial photograph of downtown Austin. The photograph shows a view of downtown Austin from East Avenue highway during the construction of IH 35. The intersection is Airport Boulevard on the foreground, with the golf course on the right hand side in the middle of the photo, which later became Hancock Center, the first shopping center in Austin.
Date: September 20, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library