Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[722 S. Magnolia - Lucas Davey House]

Description: Photograph of the front and south sides of the "Lucas-Davey House," a two-story Queen Anne-style home located at 722 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. Distinctive features include the asymmetrical massing, a richness in details and materials and superb craftsmanship. There are trees and bushes around the house, obscuring the porch and first floor.
Date: 1979~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[921 N. Cedar - Bailey - Summers House]

Description: Close-up of the southeast corner of the "Bailey-Summers House," a two-story, Classical Revival-style house located at 921 N. Cedar St. in Palestine, Texas. The dominant architectural feature is the front portico with two-story Ionic columns.
Date: 1979~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link Home]

Description: Copy print of the front and south side of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1975~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Photograph of the front of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: unknown
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Close-up photograph of the front walk leading to the entrance of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Photograph of the front of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1011 N. Perry - Howard House]

Description: Photograph of the front of the "Howard House" located at 1011 N. Perry in Palestine, Texas. The house is a one-story, white, antebellum-style house with Greek revival influence. There are square columns along the front porch and a brick chimney on the side of the house. A sign in the front yard says "The Howard House Museum, Open Saturday & Sunday, 2 to 5 P.M."
Date: April 1969
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1305 S. Sycamore - Broyles House]

Description: Close-up photograph of the southeast corner of the "Broyles House," a 2 ½-story frame house with Queen Anne-style architecture, located at 1305 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas.
Date: 1900~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1305 S. Sycamore - Broyles House]

Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the "Broyles House," a white, 2 ½-story frame house with Queen Anne-style architecture, located at 1305 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas.
Date: 1900~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1938 Palestine High School Band]

Description: Photo of the 1938 Palestine High School band, marching in the Anderson County Fair Parade on Monday October 10, 1938 in downtown Palestine.
Date: October 10, 1938
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Aerial Photo of Osjetea Briggs' Home]

Description: Aerial photo of the home of Osjetea Briggs, which was located just out of the Palestine, Texas city limits on the highway going toward Rusk.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Aerial Photo of Palestine]

Description: Aerial view of the city of Palestine looking toward the north; Magnolia and Sycamore streets are visible, running north-to-south and crossing Main Street near the center of the image.
Date: 1940~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Alamo School Students - 1914]

Description: Photo of a group of students from the Alamo School - Palestine.
Date: 1914
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Alamo School - Third and Fourth Grade Classes]

Description: Photo of the third and fourth grade classes of Alamo School. A partial list of the students are as follows: Doris Parnell Elizabeth Link
Date: c. 1930
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Amende School]

Description: Amende School was a private girls school which was located in Palestine before the advent of free public schools.
Date: c. 1880
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anchor from the Steamboat Ruthven]

Description: Photograph of an anchor from the steamboat Ruthven after she sank, exhibited on the lawn of the Young Men's Business League (later the Chamber of Commerce) in Palestine, Texas. Storefronts are visible lining the opposite side of a street in the background and a horse-drawn carriage is stopped in the street behind the anchor.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson Campground - Brushy Creek Arbor]

Description: Photograph of the Anderson County Campground (commonly called the Brushy Creek Arbor), a historic site in Anderson County, Texas. It is an open structure with wooden posts and fencing and a wood and metal roof. The area is surrounded by trees.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Aerial photograph of the south and west sides of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front and there is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof. Buildings and parking lots on the nearby lots to the north and east of the building are visible in the background.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken at night. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1991~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission