Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 56 Matching Results

Search Results

[First National Bank]

Description: Building on the corner of 3rd and Bolivar Streets. In 1899 Mr. Berry came to Sanger and with B.L. and J. W. Spencer bought the Farmers Bank of Sanger, changing the name to Farmers & Merchants Bank. It was chartered as First National Bank of Sanger in 1905.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[First public water tower]

Description: Dan Davis and Charlie Henderson owned and operated the first public water utility and electric power plant in Sanger. This water tank on wooden platform and tower, with work sheds and picket fence in foreground was built in 1906. It was on the south east corner of 4th and Locust Streets.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Goodview School students and teachers]

Description: Small brick schoolhouse with thirty students and four (?) teachers. The building was located on the southeast corner of Metz and View Roads. Front row: First three unidentified, Alfred Coggins, J.C. Barnes, ___Barnes, Ouida Miller Anderson, Bernice Wade, Helen Christian, unknown, Junior Stinson, four unknown, Foy Stinson, Coy Stinson Second row: Nellie Mae Christian, J.B. Wise, Orville Andrews, Lemon Ausband, Bethany Waide, Pearl Lanier Klum, Charlie Mae Stinson, Louise Gilbert, Gibson Lanier, unknown, Gladys Baker, Joe Bob Farrell, unknown. Back row: Frances Barnes, Alyne Seale, Mildred Touchstone, unknown
Date: 1925~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Jeweler Dan Davis]

Description: Interior of Gaskin Drug Store shows glass display case holding watches and jewery. Magazine rack in the foreground and Cigar poster on the wall flank Dan Davis, who not only sold, but also repaired watches.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Post Office, Sanger, Texas]

Description: Group includes (from left): H.D. Green, postmaster, Effie Green, Mrs H.D. Green, Tyler Green, Cleburne Warren, mail carrier, John Vaughn, mail carrier, Curtis Warren, mail carrier. The Post Office was located at east end of Dunn building on the north east corner of Bolivar and 4th Streets.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Sanger Public Library

Sanger Fire Department (Part 1 of 2)

Description: Firemen and their trucks, March 19, 1927. Listed on second photograph , from left to right, George A. Sullivan, Chas Milligan, W. D. Lewis, Glen Rieger, A. H. Haynie, A. L. Gentle, W. B. Chambers, Jno McClendon, R.E. Gentle, H. W. Ezell, Jno Hughes, Otis Jones and Chief Bud Gentle. Members not in the picture: Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett, and Jim Kline. The top of the Sanger School is seen in the background.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E. Carruth
Partner: Sanger Public Library

Sanger Fire Department (Part 2 of 2)

Description: Firemen and their fire trucks, March 19, 1927. Sanger Fire Department members from left to right: Otis Jones, Chief Bud Gentle (standing), A. G. Nance, Joe Hughes, Alton Gentle, S. C. Moore, L. B. Daniels, D. C. Gheens, G. W. Sullivan, Troy Stinson, Elmer Hulse, Jack McReynolds, Jno Richardson. Members not in the picture Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett and Jim Kline. Taken on the square in Sanger, looking north.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E Carruth
Partner: Sanger Public Library

[Sanger High School Class of 1929]

Description: Front row: Arlon Newton, Keno Lusk, Lawrence Horst, Clinton Enlow, Willard Ashley, Grady Woods Second row: Lucille Miller, Linnie Bess Draper, Frances Jackson, Mary Sue Lusk, Faye McClendon, unknown, Maybell Montgomery, Jennie Dee Bronuagh Third row: Oran Campbell, Clarabell Bentley, unknown, Mildred Touchstone, C. O. Mitchell, Linnie Mae Melton, unknown, Ida Pearl Nance, Alyne Seal, L. I. Samuels Back row: Jess Schmidt, John Ezell, Harris Brewer, J.P. Hampton, unknown, J.B. Harper, Frank Burchard, Carl Ganzer, Claudie Allred
Date: 1928
Partner: Sanger Public Library