Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Aerial Photo of Osjetea Briggs' Home]

Description: Aerial photo of the home of Osjetea Briggs, which was located just out of the Palestine, Texas city limits on the highway going toward Rusk.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Aerial Photo of Palestine]

Description: Aerial view of the city of Palestine looking toward the north; Magnolia and Sycamore streets are visible, running north-to-south and crossing Main Street near the center of the image.
Date: 1940~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Alamo School Students - 1914]

Description: Photo of a group of students from the Alamo School - Palestine.
Date: 1914
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Alamo School - Third and Fourth Grade Classes]

Description: Photo of the third and fourth grade classes of Alamo School. A partial list of the students are as follows: Doris Parnell Elizabeth Link
Date: 1930~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Amende School]

Description: Amende School was a private girls school which was located in Palestine before the advent of free public schools.
Date: 1880~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[American Home Bakery]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
Date: 1899~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anchor from the Steamboat Ruthven]

Description: Photograph of an anchor from the steamboat Ruthven after she sank, exhibited on the lawn of the Young Men's Business League (later the Chamber of Commerce) in Palestine, Texas. Storefronts are visible lining the opposite side of a street in the background and a horse-drawn carriage is stopped in the street behind the anchor.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson Campground - Brushy Creek Arbor]

Description: Photograph of the Anderson County Campground (commonly called the Brushy Creek Arbor), a historic site in Anderson County, Texas. It is an open structure with wooden posts and fencing and a wood and metal roof. The area is surrounded by trees.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Aerial photograph of the south and west sides of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front and there is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof. Buildings and parking lots on the nearby lots to the north and east of the building are visible in the background.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken at night. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1991~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas, taken at night. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1991~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Detail view of the architecture just south of the entrance on the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Date: 1980~
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of a man wearing a suit, speaking into a microphone on the steps of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. There are people seated on the steps and standing on the ground watching. Part of the building's Classical Revival-style architecture is visible in the upper part of the image.
Date: unknown
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Farmers]

Description: Photo of some farmer working in the fields somewhere in Anderson County. It is unknown who Mrs. Melba Wallace is or how she is connected to this picture.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Jail - 704 Avenue A]

Description: Photograph of the northeast corner of the Anderson County Jail building located at 704 Avenue A in Palestine, Texas, taken from N. Church Street. It is a three-story Art Deco-style brick building. A sign over the entrance says, "Anderson County Juvenile Center." There is a line of orange cones in the street in the foreground of the image, as well as several people: a man on a bicycle to the right and two women with a young girl walking around cones to the left.
Date: unknown
Location Info:
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Pasture]

Description: Photograph of a pasture filled with trees in Anderson County, Texas.
Date: 1950~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Anderson County Tulips]

Description: Beautiful tulips located at a home in Anderson County.
Date: April 1969
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[The Arbor at the Anderson County Camp Ground - Brushy Creek]

Description: Close-up photograph of a portion of the Arbor at the Anderson County Camp Ground in Anderson County, Texas. It is an open structure with wooden poles and rafters; there are rows of wooden benches under the roof.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Arnold Hudson and Unidentified Man]

Description: Photo of an unidentified man and Arnold Hudson standing in front of some parked cars in Palestine.
Date: April 3, 1969
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[Autumn Leaves on a Dogwood Tree in Anderson County]

Description: An Anderson County dogwood tree during the fall in Davey Dogwood Park near Palestine, Texas. The tree's leaves have all turned red. Other trees are visible in the background.
Date: November 1983
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission