This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Rescuing Texas History, 2009 - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Children Playing with a Rope between Two Adults]
- Photograph of two of Oliver Jacobs' grandchildren playing with a role between two adults. The man on the left, Jack Newcomb, is holding the rope. A boy is lying on the ground with the end of the rope while a girl leans over him touching the rope.
- [Jack Newcomb and Boys]
- Photograph of Jack Newcomb and two boys (grandchildren of Oliver Jacobs) in the trap behind the bunkhouse at Lambshead Ranch. The children are running across a field; Newcomb is running behind them and has just thrown a lasso to catch one of the boys, while he teaches the boys how to throw the rope. The area is an open field with trees visible in the background.
- [Jack Newcomb and Oliver Jacobs' Grandchildren]
- Photograph of Jack Newcomb and Oliver Jacobs' grandchildren. A young boy is smiling and lying on the ground between Newcomb and an older boy and girl. Newcomb is holding a partially coiled length of rope. Fencing is visible in the background.
- [Jack Newcomb Catching a Child with a Rope]
- Photograph of Jack Newcomb catching one of Oliver Jacobs' grandchildren with a rope. The smiling girl has the rope around her legs mid-run. A boy stands near Newcomb, watching. Another boy, younger than the other children, runs to the right. Ranch buildings stand behind them.
- [Jack Newcomb Holding a Rope Attached to a Child]
- Photograph of Jack Newcomb holding a rope that is wrapped around the leg of one of Oliver Jacobs' grandchildren. An older sister leans over the roped boy.
- [Jack Newcomb Roping a Child]
- Photograph of Jack Newcomb roping a boy wearing blue jeans and a plaid shirt. A younger girl stands to the right. Ranch buildings can be seen behind them.
- [Jack Newcomb Twirling a Lariat among Children]
- Photograph of Jack Newcomb twirling a lariat over his head among Oliver Jacobs' grandchildren. The five children have been photographed mid movement, faces smiling as they begin to dart away. Ranch buildings stand in the background.