Rescuing Texas History, 2010 - 196 Matching Results

Search Results

[Longview Barber Shop]

Description: Photograph of the inside of Clyde Thomas' barber shop in Longview, Texas. The barber shop was located at 108 West Methvin Street, inside the Gray's Building. The photograph is mounted on grey cardboard.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Desert Song Stop Sign]

Description: Photograph of a promotional stop sign for the movie, "the Desert Song" on Fredonia Street in Longview, Texas, as noted on the back of the photograph. The stop sign reads: "STOP, SEE, HEAR THE DESERT SONG." There are parked and moving cars behind the sign, and there are several brick buildings in the background. One building, on the left side of the photograph, has a sign that reads: "CRAIN'S CORNER DRUG STORE" and "Coca Cola."
Date: 1929
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Longview Railroad Depot]

Description: Photograph of the Texas and Pacific Railroad Station in Longview, Texas. The depot was located at the corner of Cotton and Fredonia streets, and it was moved to the corner of Cotton and Mobberly streets in 1931. There are several people walking outside the depot, and there is a horse drawn carriage parked on the street, in front of the depot.
Date: 1900
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Historic Campbell Residence]

Description: Photograph of the family home of Thomas Mitchell Campbell, the former Governor of Texas. The home was built by Campbell for his wife, Fannie Bruner, in 1889. The house was located at the corner of Green and Methvin streets in Longview, Texas.
Date: 1889
Creator: Claxton Studio
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Oil Fields]

Description: Photograph of an oil field in Longview, Texas. The oil fields in Longview and Kilgore, Texas. There were 24 wells on 10 lots owned by 6 different companies.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Bodie Park]

Description: Photograph of Bodie Park in downtown Longview, Texas. The park contained a Confederate Monument and was located across from the First National Bank at the corner of Fredonia and Tyler streets.
Date: 1931
Partner: Longview Public Library

[LeTourneau Dome Construction]

Description: Photograph of the dome construction at LeTourneau Munitions, Inc., a company that produced massive amounts of ammunition during WWII in Longview, Texas. The heavy machinery used to construct the dome were designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau.
Date: unknown
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Young Men of Longview]

Description: Photograph of six young men of Longview, Texas, nicknamed "the Big Six." From left to right, the young men pictured are Buck Howard, Clarence Oden, Sidney Smith, June Bivins, Rush Moore and Everett Bussey. The photograph is mounted on tan cardboard.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Rembert Family]

Description: Photograph of Frank Rembert, Kate Rembert, and an unidentified friend from Longview, Texas. They are riding in a replica of an early Ford automobile.
Date: 1900~
Creator: Culpepper, Cody B.
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Bish Mathis Typewriting School]

Description: Photograph of the staff of the Bish Mathis Typewriting School in Longview, Texas. Mathis opened the school in 1935 on Green Street, where it remained until 1937. He then moved the school to the Glover Crim Building. From left to right, the staff members pictured are: Top row: Bish Mathis, Don Khoury, John Ben Sheppard, unknown. Bottom row: unknown, Oscar Jones, Josh Moore.
Date: 1950~
Creator: Culpepper, Cody B.
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Protho-Brown Wedding Party]

Description: Photograph of the wedding party of Brownie Prothro and John Crutcher Brown. They were married on March 16, 1919 in Longview, Texas. Prothro is pictured in the center of the group, holding the bridal bouquet. The women are all wearing white dresses and holding small bouquets. From left to right, top to bottom, the members pictured are: Back row: Miss Emma Northcutt, Mrs. Paul Bramlette, Mrs. John Crim, Mrs. Garrone Northcutt. Middle row: Mrs. Howell Foreman, Sr., Mrs. L. N. Markham, Miss Dolly Taylor, Miss Brownie Prothro, Miss Leone Harrison, Mrs. Maurice Bivins, Mrs. Mulia Shaw Acker, Miss Dolly Northcutt. Front row: Princess Louise Markham, Ann Brown (flower girls).
Date: 1919
Partner: Longview Public Library

[King Kong Movie Promotion]

Description: Photograph of a movie promotion for the Rembert Theatre in Longview, Texas. This photograph shows large billboards attached to moving vehicles as they parade through the streets of Longview to promote the new "King Kong" movie, which was released in 1929. There are many people gathered in the streets watching the movie promotion. The photograph is mounted on tan cardboard.
Date: 1929
Creator: Culpepper, Cody B.
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Gans Residence]

Description: Photographic postcard of the family home of Dave Gans of Longview, Texas. There are six unidentified individuals sitting on the large, wrap-around porch, and there is an African American woman standing in the yard.
Date: 1890~
Creator: Culpepper, Cody B.
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Longview Sawmill]

Description: Photograph of the interior of the Longview Sawmill in Longview, Texas. The sawmill was located at South Mobberly Avenue before it was later moved to a different location. There are several workers pictured inside the sawmill. The photograph is mounted on tan cardboard.
Date: 1890~
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Young Women of Longview]

Description: Photograph of five young women of Longview, Texas. The women pictured are Annie Castleberry, Bertie Fisher, Fanny Echols, Ada Fisher and Lolly Lord, as noted on the back of the photograph. The photograph is mounted on white cardboard.
Date: 1890~
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Lorraine Calvin Martin]

Description: Photograph of Lorraine Calvin Martin and Benjamin Franklin Martin, Jr., wife and child of Benjamin Franklin Martin. Both Mrs. Martin and her baby are dressed in white, and Mrs. Martin is wearing a veil. The photograph is mounted on grey cardboard, and it has a handwritten caption at the bottom.
Date: 1923
Partner: Longview Public Library