Rescuing Texas History, 2010 - 29 Matching Results

Search Results

[Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee]

Description: Letterhead stationary for the Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee outlining all the donors for the institute and their monetary contributions. The building, designed by the architectural firm of Field and Clarkson, was constructed between April and August of 1914 in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas at a cost of $14,668. The top left corner of the document shows an architectural drawing of the building.
Date: 1913~
Creator: Hebrew Institute. Board.
Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives

[Freeman-Fram Marriage Certificate]

Description: Printed marriage certificate (called a "Ketubah" in Hebrew) for Nathan Freeman of Waco, Texas, and Etta Rebecca Fram of Dallas, Texas. The couple were married on January 19, 1913, by Rev. Abraham Fram, Etta's father and the cantor at Dallas' Sheareth Israel Congregation. The Hebrew quotation at the top of the document translates as: "The voice of joy; the voice of happiness; the voice of the groom and the voice of the bride." There is an illustration of a marriage ceremony at the top of the certificate in blue ink.
Date: 1913
Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives

[Southwestern Cotton Mill]

Description: Photograph of Southwestern Cotton Mill. The brick building is two-stories tall, with several windows on both visible sides. Four people are standing in the doorway.
Date: August 1913
Creator: Winkelmann's Studio
Partner: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

[View at F. A. Sprain]

Description: Photograph of a man standing in a field on F. A. Sprain land. He is standing in tall grass growing up to his neck, and his back is turned to the camera.
Date: 1913
Creator: Winkelmann's Studio
Partner: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

[Old Fourth Saint Church]

Description: Photograph of a wooden building identified as Old Fourth Saint Church and German M. E. Church. The church is one-story tall and has a steeple at the front. In the background, there are other buildings.
Date: 1913~
Creator: Winkelmann's Studio
Partner: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

[Blinn Tennis Club]

Description: Photograph of four young men identified as Blinn Tennis Club. Three of the men are sitting, and one man is standing. They are all holding tennis rackets.
Date: 1913
Creator: Winkelmann's Studio
Partner: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

[Portrait of Man, Woman, and Child]

Description: Photograph of a woman, man, and child; one person is identified as E. T. Rounden. The woman is wearing a bonnet, and is standing to the left of the child and man. The man is wearing a hat, and is sitting in a chair; the child is posing on the left arm of the chair.
Date: 1913
Creator: Winkelmann's Studio
Partner: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

[Portrait of Walter Werner]

Description: Photograph of two boys; one boy is identified as Walter Werner. The boy on the left is standing, and the boy on the left is sitting; he is holding a toy gun on his lap.
Date: 1913
Creator: Winkelmann's Studio
Partner: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

[Old Homestead Coffee Can]

Description: Photograph of a metal coffee can. There is an illustration of a brick house on the front of the can. Text surrounding the illustration says "Old Homestead Roasted Coffee," and "Roasted & Packed By Wangemann-Reichardt Company[,] Brenham, Texas."
Date: July 1913
Creator: Winkelmann's Studio
Partner: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History

[Officials and Employees of Lavaca County Texas]

Description: Portrait of the officials and employees of Lavaca County, Texas. They are posing in front of the court house. There are two people in the photograph that are named, according to the label. "Bottom row, left to right - Joseph Kopecky, ?, Frank Schoppe." Everyone else is unidentified.
Date: September 1913
Creator: Braunig, H. J.
Partner: Friench Simpson Memorial Library