This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Rescuing Texas History, 2010 - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Poth after 1920 Fire
- Two photographs of Poth Texas showing the destruction of the fire in 1920 that destroyed the hardware store, meat market, bank, and drug store.
- Second Gin built in Poth, TX
- Photograph of large gin building with smoke stack. Water tower is seen in background.
- [Woman and Children on Bridge]
- Photograph of two children and a woman, identified as Gertrude Tewes Toney, Gene Tewes, and Lydia Tewes, standing next to a car on the La Vernia High Bridge over the Cibolo Creek in La Vernia, Texas.
- [Children in Costumes]
- Photograph of a group of school children in costumes standing in front of a building. A water cistern is visible to the right.
- [Dewees School Students]
- Photograph of the students of the 1923-1924 school term at Dewees School in Wilson County, Texas. The teachers are identified as Ada Warren and Naomi Tom.
- [Men in Front of Railroad]
- Photograph of three men standing in front of the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad, and two standing on the steps leading into the train car.
- [Snowfall in Floresville, Texas]
- Photograph of an aerial view of a neighborhood in Floresville, Texas covered in 3 inches of snow.
- Third Street Floresville
- Original dirt road leading into the downtown area of Floresville, Texas. This is Third Street heading east toward the county courthouse. In the photo is a Now Open sign for the newly constructed filling station. The courthouse bell tower and be seen in the background.
- [Wilson County Courthouse]
- Photograph of the exterior of the Wilson County courthouse in Floresville, Texas. A wooden fence surrounds the building.
- [Young School Children]
- Photograph of the children of the 1923-1924 school year outside the Dewees School in Wilson County, Texas. The teacher, who sits in the center of the middle row, is identified as Ada Warren.