Rescuing Texas History, 2010 - 14 Matching Results

Search Results

[Avondale School]

Description: Photograph of a building surrounded by shrubbery. The building was built in 1916 and was the Avondale School when built. At the time of the photograph the building had become the private home of Hardy Tadlock and his family.
Date: [1920?]
Partner: Haslet Public Library

[County Free Library]

Description: Photograph of a rural class and teacher. There are 21 students and a teacher standing in front of a building. A sign on the building in the left background includes the words, "County Free Library." There are two visible windows and a set of doors in the background. Six students have no shoes on. Class names are as follows. Front row: Julia McNair, Reba Dot Kilpatrick, Billie Ann Kelly, D.L. Williams, Calvin Powell, Maxie Overstreet, Jack Fowler, Wayne Blevins. Second row: Lamoyne Shelton, Versie McKee, Guy Bell Jr., Coy Tucker, Pauline Stogsdill, Wanda Faye Ottinger, Wildin Elkins, Mamie Jewel Franks. Third row: J.B. Fowler, Charlie Stogsdill, Dewey Melear, Pauline Fowler, Joyce Hudnall. Fourth row: Mamie Ruth Willis, Teacher.
Date: [1920?]
Partner: Haslet Public Library

The Daedalian, Yearbook of the College of Industrial Arts, 1920

Description: Yearbook for the College of Industrial Arts in Denton, Texas, (now Texas Woman's University) includes photos of and information about the college, student body, faculty and organizations. The Daedalian represents the school's unique history and standing as a single-sex college established by the state of Texas for the education of women.
Date: 1920
Creator: College of Industrial Arts (Denton, Tex.)
Partner: Texas Woman's University

Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas

Description: Postcard of a group of firemen posing on three fire trucks outside of an unidentified building in Hallettsville, Texas. According to accompanying information, the first truck on the far left is a 1920 chemical fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are Julius G. Jalufka, Freddie Buss, Henry Pohl, and Collie McCord. The middle truck is a 1918 fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are Paul H. Fertsch, Joseph F. Fritsch, Otto Hanak, Emil Burkett, and (standing) N. A. Moreland. The third truck, on the far right, is a 1920 pumper fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are John Burkett, Jr., Buck Sokol, and Rudolph Sokol. "Hallettsville, Texas" is written in the lower-left corner and "Fire Protection" is written under the truck on the far right.
Date: 1920~
Creator: Braunig
Partner: Friench Simpson Memorial Library

[A. H. Phillips and Son]

Description: Photograph of A. H. Phillips and Son, a general store that was located in Longview, Texas. Phillips, his sons, as well as an unidentified man are all pictured standing outside of the store. The store sold radios, groceries, and other items.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Longview Public Library

[Manola Ross]

Description: Photograph of Manola Ross of Longview, Texas. Mrs. Ross was the wife of Dr. Howard A. Ross, who was one of Longview's prominent physicians. The photograph is mounted on black cardboard, and there is a decorative gold border surrounding the photograph.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Longview Public Library

Richardson High School Footbal Team

Description: Photograph of fourteen young men identified as the Richardson High School Football Team. They are all dressed in football uniforms, and one boy standing is wearing a shirt with striped sleeves. On boy kneeling in the center has his right hand on a football. In the background, there are houses. Legible text on the top-left of the image says "Texas."
Date: 1920/1935
Partner: Richardson Public Library

Richardson School Class of 1920

Description: Copy photograph of 41 students and teachers from Richardson School Class of 1920. They are standing in five rows in front of a brick building. They are identified as (left to right, back row) Graham Pierce, Miss Beulah Brown (teacher), Mamie Floyd, Sam Jinks, W. T. Galloway (principal), Mary Campbell, Irene Cain, Walter Fender, Asia Whittenburg, Iva Rippy, (third row) Lillie Terry, Ola Christie, Glenn Huffhines, Clarence Reddick, Ollie Ballard, Amer/Omar Whittenburg, Odie Offutt, Amy Chick, Florence Jackson, (second row) Mary Price, Rosa Lee Christie, Liska Arnold, Mary Ashby, Dorothy Scott, Carrie Lee Ashby, Martin Parks, Willie McIlvan, Norma Watson, (first row) Frank Bowser, Effie McGee, Thelma Robinson, Wilburn Rose, E. L. Certain, Faye Robinson, Bess Ashby, Jack Rowland, Ray Smith, and Cecil Davis.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Richardson Public Library

Third Street Floresville

Description: Original dirt road leading into the downtown area of Floresville, Texas. This is Third Street heading east toward the county courthouse. In the photo is a Now Open sign for the newly constructed filling station. The courthouse bell tower and be seen in the background.
Date: 1920
Partner: Wilson County Historical Society