Rescuing Texas History, 2010 - 193 Matching Results

Search Results

[Men Filling Sand Bags]

Description: Photograph of several men filling sand bags. Trucks are parked on a dirt road. A handwritten note on back states: "Filling sand bags to use in protecting Fish Trap Road lake Dallas."
Date: May 1908
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives

[T&P Bridge and Flood Waters]

Description: Photograph of the T&P bridge and surrounding flood waters. In the photograph, a boat is visible floating behind a tree. Handwritten note on reverse: "May 1908 flood waters T&P Bridge remains standing tracks washed out."
Date: May 1908
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives

[Trinity River Flood Waters From Turtle Creek]

Description: Photograph of the Trinity River flood waters. The photograph is inside a black matte. Poles are jutting out of the water. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Flood waters May 1908 M. K. + T. tracks and Alamo Street at Turtle Creek looking from Oak Lawn Ave towards the city."
Date: May 1908
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives

[Turtle Creek Pumping Station]

Description: Photograph of the Turtle Creek Pumping Station. The photograph, which is inside a white decorative matte, is washed out. A handwritten note on the back reads: "[Trinity River] Flood waters 1908 (May) old Turtle Creek pumping station in back ground."
Date: May 1908
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives

[White Rock Creek Reservoir Sluice]

Description: Photograph of the White Rock Creek Reservoir Sluice. In the photograph, individuals stand in what appears to be a wire covered bridge. Handwritten note at bottom of photograph: "White Rock Creek Reservoir sluice. Reinforcement phase before concrete is poured. 6-15-10"
Date: June 15, 1910
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives

[White Rock Reservoir Sluice Box]

Description: Photograph of the sluice box at White Rock Reservoir. A pile of wood is visible in front of the box. A handwritten note on the photograph reads: "White Rock Reservoir south end of sluice box after forms had been removed 6-24-10."
Date: June 24, 1910
Creator: Dallas (Tex.)
Partner: Dallas Municipal Archives