Rescuing Texas History, 2010 - 5 Matching Results

Search Results

Cleveland Auto Parts [Pilgreen & Sons]

Description: Photograph of the interior of Pilgreen Auto Parts on the east side of Highway 59 south between the township and hwy 105. The picture is of Mr.George Pilgreen, owner and his oldest son, George Wright Pilgreen. Note the air cooled auto cushion display. This product was due to most cars still not having air conditioners.
Date: 02-04-1961
Creator: Young, Moon
Partner: Cleveland Historic Society

[1961 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

Description: Photograph of the 1961 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar of the synagogue at 1600 W. Myrtle St., Fort Worth, Texas. The women are standing in the front and wearing light-colored robes; the men are standing in the back and wearing dark-colored robes. From left to right, the confirmands pictured are: Front row: Arlene Lois Sonkin, Leslie Faye Kreisberg, Karen Sue Imber, Andrea Bernstein (Deen), Marlene Annette Schwartz, Andrea Ruth Goldberg, Trudy Klimist, Diane Jane Mehl. Second row: Harold Zenick, Helen Susan Hillman, Gail S. Shandelson, Ellen Bari Brachman, Carol Klimist, Sally Ann Schumer, Karen Ann Lerner. Third row: Michael Raskin, Ronald Herzfeld, Lawrence J. Korenman, Edward H. Garsek, Gerald Zenick, Sanford Bogart, Charles Morton Coughey, Tommy Lee Stanley. Back row: Ronald D. Savitz, Herbert Weisblatt, Ben P. Herman, Cantor Phillip Kirshner, Rabbi Isadore Garsek, Ben D. Tobor, Sherwin Coplin, Richard J. Savitz.
Date: May 14, 1961
Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives

Cox Machine Shop

Description: Photograph of Cox Machine Shop that was located north of Cleveland just off the Coldspings road. The shop was located by the Cox's home where they raised their children. All the children attended Cleveland schools. L to R is Mr.Cox, Charlie Welborn, ?,?,?.
Date: 1961
Creator: Young, Moon
Partner: Cleveland Historic Society