Description: Portrait photograph of the Reverend Caleb Ives of St. David's Episcopal Church. An accompanying card states that he was the first foreign missionary of the Church appointed to the Republic of Texas. He was also the founder of the Mother Church of the Diocese, Christ Church Matagorda and held the first service of the Church in Austin, 1840.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: St. David’s Episcopal Church