This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Rescuing Texas History, 2011 - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Oral History Interview with Dale R. Walker, October 4, 2007
- Interview with Dale R. Walker of Kingsville, Texas, a United States Marine Corps veteran from World War Two. The interview includes Hill's memories about growing up as well as his personal experiences while in the Marines, including details from his involvement in the Iwo Jima attacks, 3rd Battalion, and the occupation of Nagasaki.
- Oral History Interview with L. B. Blackmon, April 10, 2007
- Transcription of a phone interview with L. B. Blackmon of Corpus Christi, Texas, a World War Two veteran of the United States Marine Corps. In the interview, Mr. Brown talks about his time in the Marines as well as life growing up during the Great Depression and other biographical information. He recalls memories of surviving Pearl Harbor, guard duty around naval storage in Hawaii, and the Horse Marines.
- Oral History Interview with W. A. Henderson, 2007
- Interview with Lieutenant Col. W. A. Bill Henderson of Gatesville, Texas, who is a veteran of the United States Air Force. In the interview, Mr. Henderson answers biographical questions and talks about his military flight training, traveling, and bombing the Kwai River Bridge during World War II.
- [Program for Dedication Ceremony of Cleveland, Texas Gateway Marker]
- Single-sided program for the gateway marker dedication ceremony in Cleveland, Texas. The heading "Discover Cleveland" is at the top of the program, right above an illustration of the gateway marker. According to the program, the creation of the gateway marker was a 2006 project of the "Keep Cleveland Beautiful Organization." On April 11, 2007, at 10 a.m. the ceremony was held at the site of the marker, Highway 59 South at Washington Avenue.