Texas Cultures Online - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- A Comfort Christmas
- Book about the history of Christmas in Comfort, Texas and the influence of "German, English and Hispanic cultures" on Christmas celebrations (p. 3). The book includes recipes for German Sweet potato salad, deer sausage, carne guisada con mole, and buneulos, as well as bread, rice and cookies.
- Comfort Women in Comfort History
- Book about the history of notable women in Comfort, Texas. The book discusses female school teachers, journalists, religious leaders, free thinkers, artists, authors, and other women who made significant contributions to the establishment of the city of Comfort.
- Ernst Hermann Altgelt: Founder of Comfort, Texas
- Book about Ernst Hermann Altgelt, the founder of Comfort, Texas. It includes information about Altgelt and his family, and information about the establishment of the city.
- Heinrich Weltner: Graphite Pencil Artist
- Book about Heinrich Weltner, including a biography for Weltner, detailed information about his graphite drawings, and the genealogy of the Weltner family. The index begins on page 45.
- Seidenstickers in Texas Since 1855
- Book containing a detailed family history for the Seidensticker family, who immigrated to Comfort, Texas from Germany in 1855. This book was compiled for the 2007 Seidensticker family reunion.
- Texas in the Civil War: Comfort's Monument Story
- Book containing information about the Civil War in Texas, including the story of the Nueces Massacre and oral histories from individuals living in Texas during the Civil War. The index begins on page 64.