Texas Cultures Online - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Photograph of 1895 Danevang Community Hall]

Description: Copy negative of a group of families standing in four rows outside of the Danevang Community Hall. Two women sit inside of carriage harnessed to a horse. An American and Danish flag flag are raised on a flagpole next to the center.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Danish Heritage Preservation Society

Danevang Fire House

Description: Copy negative of the Danevang Fire Department, which is located in Wharton County, Texas. In the image, there is a large one-story building with three garage doors, and there is a white sign above the building that reads, "Danevang Vol. Fire Dept."
Date: 1972
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Danish Heritage Preservation Society

[Confirmation Class of 1925, Danevang Lutheran Church]

Description: Black and white photograph of a group of teenagers who make up the 1925 Confirmation class of Danevang Lutheran Church. There are 6 girls and 8 boys arranged in three rows on the steps of the church building. Their clergyman, Pastor Khyl, is also standing with them. Behind the group is a door with an arched window above it. On the window are the words "ANSGAR KIRKE." A couple of pointed arch windows are visible on either side of the group.
Date: 1925
Creator: The Fox Company
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Danish Heritage Preservation Society

[Two Men in Military Uniforms]

Description: Postcard of two young, unidentified men in identical military uniforms. They are inside a room with an American flag loosely hung on the back wall. The man on the left is is seated in a chair while the man on the right is standing with both hands to his sides. A long rifle is facing downward on his right side. They are standing on a low pile decorative rug. There is a hand-written note in pencil on the back of the photograph that lists their names, but it cannot be read with certainty. Their names appear to be Henry Taft and Ernest.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Postcard
Partner: Danish Heritage Preservation Society