About the Collection

Temple was founded in 1880 when Jonathan E. Moore sold 187 acres of land to the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway for use as a construction camp. When the Temple Daily Telegram began publishing in 1907, the city had already seen a succession of newspapers, including the Temple Tribune, which preceded it. The Telegram continues to serve the area to this day.



At a Glance