Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Children Playing by the Seashore]
- Photograph of schoolchildren playing by the seashore. Some of the children are holding hands, and others are laughing. There is a young boy standing in the middle of the photograph turned around to face the camera. The ocean is visible in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Palacios 1935 Mr. Mil Clement & children".
- [Children Playing in the Backyard of a House]
- Photograph of a group of young children playing outside in the backyard of a Presbyterian manse. A woman and an older girl stand on the elevated porch watching the children. A Reverend is also standing nearby and watching the children play in the grassy yard. The back of the wood-slatted manse has two more small sets of steps that lead up to doors. Another house next door is visible in the background on the right-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Manse at Palacios Rev. B. del Pozo and family".
- [Class of Young Children Standing in Front of a Church]
- Photograph of a class portrait of young Mexican Presbyterian children and their instructors. The children are all standing straight and facing the camera. There are a few instructors standing at the top of the steps at the entrance, and two are standing to the left of the group. There is a woman in the doorway holding an open umbrella above her head. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "E.P. Castaneda, Austin Chological student graduating this year- reached & taught here, one vacation, very fine fellows Palacios".
- [Group of Girls Sitting Together in Church Pews]
- Photograph of a group of seven girls sitting together at the back of a church in two rows of pews. The girls are all facing forward, and most are looking at the camera. There is a woman in a striped dress on the right-hand side of the image; she is holding a book and facing the group of girls. In front of her, there is a projector sitting on a table. There are two open windows and closed double doors in the background behind the girls. The foreground is made up of four more rows of empty pews. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Palacios, 1952 Training School".
- [Minister and Class Standing on the Steps of a Church]
- Photograph of a group of eight women and a minister standing outside on the front steps of a church. The women are wearing light dresses and blouses and are all holding books. They are standing on the three steps that lead up to the screened double door entrance. The door and the corresponding screen on the left-hand side are both opened outward, and the minister is standing in the door frame. There are two windows on either side of the door, and the building is lined with weeds and shrubs. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Palacios - Training school 1952, Bernardino del Pozo M., minister."
- [Portrait of a Hispanic Reverend and his Family]
- Photograph of a Hispanic Presbyterian minister and his family standing in front of a wood-slatted house. The Reverend is standing next to his wife, who is holding a baby in a blanket and smiling at the camera. There is a young toddler girl standing at the Reverend's feet, and two slightly older boys standing to his right. The eldest daughter is standing behind the young boys and next to her father. The front porch entrance of the house is visible on the left-hand side of the image in the background, along with a fence and a part of the neighbor's house. The family is standing in front of a raised back porch. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Palacios 1953 Left to right: Aarón Raúl, Jonatán, Aurora, Rev. Bernardino del Pozo M., Margarita, Aida, Sra. M. N. del Pozo"
- [Side View of a Presbyterian Church]
- Photograph of the side of a series of light-colored, wood-slatted buildings that make up a mission. The photograph has been taken from the street. The main building, which is also the largest building and focal point of the image, has four windows on the side and two in the front next to the main double-door entrance. There is another building behind the main building on the right-hand side of the image, and also one next to it in the background. A power line stretches across the image directly above the complex. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Palacios Mexican Mission".