Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records - 17 Matching Results

Search Results

[Front of a Mexican Presbyterian Church]

Description: Photograph of the front of a light-colored, wood slatted Presbyterian church. On the right-hand side, there is a small entrance to the church that consists of three corner steps leading up to two open doorways. There are two closed and blinded windows at the front of the building, as well as a sign that reads "Iglesia Presbiteriana" above the first front window. The side of the church is visible on the right-hand side of the image; it is lined with windows. The building is elevated from the ground on short stilts and is surrounded by trees and bushes. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "New Braunfels, First (Mex.) Presby Ch".
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Group Posed in Front of a Presbyterian Sunday School]

Description: Photograph of a group of teachers and administrators posing in front of a Presbyterian Sunday School center. The group consists of two rows of people; the front row is made up of three men who are squatting and facing the camera. The second row consists of three women wearing long dresses and two men wearing suits and ties. The building in the background has four visible windows, which are opened, and is elevated from the ground on short stilts. There is a large grassy field visible in the background on the left-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to, "Officers and Sunday School Teachers, B.S. García, Director; G.S. García, Sub-director; E.A. de García, Secretaria; Teachers, Miss Sara Ranjel; Mrs. Elisa G. de Rios; Mrs. Josefa M. de Moreno; Mr. Vicente Huerta; Mr. Vicente Hanjel, Mr. Hernando Gutierrez. New gulf
Date: September 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Students Standing in Front of a Sunday School Building]

Description: Photograph of a small group of children and a teacher standing in front of a Presbyterian Sunday School. There is one boy dressed in wide-legged pants, and two young girls in knee-length dresses standing on either side of him. Behind the three children, there is an older girl and a teacher holding a baby, who is looking down upon the boy's head. The building behind the small group has five visible windows that are open. The building is elevated from the ground on short stilts. In the background behind the house, there is a large bush and two men standing around it. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to read, "Class # 2 Elisa G de Rios, Mrs. de Gutierrez, Newgulf".
Date: September 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Group of Teachers Standing in Front of a Sunday School Building]

Description: Photograph of a group of female Sunday School teachers standing in front of a school Presbyterian building. The four young teachers stand closely together; they are all wearing past the knee-length collared dresses. An older teacher wearing a light-colored dress stands slightly away from the group. The teachers are all facing toward the right side of the image. The building behind them is raised slightly from the ground, and the open windows that line the wall make a part of the inside visible. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back that translates to read, "Class # 3. Mrs. Josefa M. de Moreno, Newgulf".
Date: September 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Class Standing in Front of a Sunday School Building]

Description: Photograph of a group of young boys and a teacher standing in front of a Presbyterian Sunday School building. The six boys are all wearing baggy pants and light-colored collared shirts. The teacher, who is standing behind the boys, is wearing a suit and holding a book and papers. The building behind the group is elevated off the ground with stilts. The open windows that line the walls make the inside of the building partially visible. In the background behind the building, there is a large bush and several people standing behind it. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to read, "Class # 4. Vincente Huerta. Newgulf"
Date: September 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Group Standing in Front of a Presbyterian Building]

Description: Photograph of a group of Sunday School students and their teacher posed in front of their building. The first two rows of students consist of two girls and seven boys kneeling and sitting on the ground. The back row consists of six girls and their teacher standing and facing the camera. A young girl is standing behind the group and looking at the camera. There is a large grassy field in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back that translates to read, "Class # 5. Mr. Vicente Ranjel, This class and their counselor represents the "Christian Endeavor" Society. Mr. Vicente Rangel Newgulf".
Date: September 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Group Posed in Front of a Presbyterian Building]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posed in front of a Presbyterian building. The group consists of three rows of people; the first consists of two young girls and one young boy sitting on the ground, the second row consists of three men and one baby, and the top row consists of five women standing and facing the camera. The men are all wearing light collared shirts and pants, and the women are all wearing long dresses. The building in the background has four visible windows, which are opened, and is elevated from the ground on short stilts. There is a large grassy field visible in the background on the left-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to read, "Class # 6. Mr. Hernando Gutierrez, Newgulf
Date: September 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Street View of a Presbyterian Church]

Description: Photograph of the side of a series of light-colored, wood-slatted buildings that make up a church. The photograph has been taken from the street, which is in the foreground. The main building, which is also the largest and closest to the foreground, has four windows on the side and two in the front next to the main double-door entrance. There is another building behind the main building on the right-hand side of the image, and also one next to it in the background. There are children playing in the courtyard between these two buildings. A power line stretches across the image directly above the complex. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph.
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Side View of a Presbyterian Church]

Description: Photograph of the side of a series of light-colored, wood-slatted buildings that make up a mission. The photograph has been taken from the street. The main building, which is also the largest building and focal point of the image, has four windows on the side and two in the front next to the main double-door entrance. There is another building behind the main building on the right-hand side of the image, and also one next to it in the background. A power line stretches across the image directly above the complex. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Palacios Mexican Mission".
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Manse Elevated on Concrete Blocks]

Description: Photograph of a side view of a light-colored, wood-slatted house that is elevated from the ground on concrete blocks. There is a concrete porch with a wooden chair at the front of the house on the right-hand side of the image. Two pillars on either side of the porch help support the roof overhead. There are three windows at the front of the house and five at the side visible on the left. The sky is obscured by the wispy leaves and branches of the large trees above. Several shrubs, weeds, and smaller trees surround the front of the house. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Victoria, Manse at 305 E. Church St.".
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Reverend Seated Next to a Hospital Bed]

Description: Photograph of a Reverend seated on a chair and leaning against a hospital bed. The Reverend, who is facing toward the right-hand side of the image, is wearing a suit, a patterned tie, printed socks, and strap shoes. The bed, which is on the left-hand side of the image, is on wheels and has a reading light clipped to the headboard. There is a bedside table behind the man that has several objects resting atop it, including a mini fan, a plant, and a radio. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Tornado in the hospital of the 'Tiburcio' June 20/51 For Brother Rev. E.J.A. Seddon. gr. Rev. J.A. Hernández 6-20-51".
Date: June 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Side View of a Sanctuary Building]

Description: Photograph of the side of a light-colored brick building with four large windows. The front of the building faces the left-hand side of the image. The entrance consists of a porch with steps leading up to it and a roof supported by two pillars. The side of the building is lined with bushy shrubs, and the foreground is made up of the grassy yard that surrounds the building. Power lines stretch across the image in the background behind the building. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco - Sanctuary".
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Front of Church and Manse]

Description: Photograph of the front of a lightly-colored brick church and manse. The church is situated on the far left-hand side of the image, while the manse sits next to it on the far right. Several shaped bushes and shrubs are planted in front of both buildings. There is a road in front of the buildings in the foreground of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco - Church and manse".
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Car Parked in Front of Two Church Buildings]

Description: Photograph of a car parallel parked in front of two church buildings. Both of the buildings are light-colored brick, have covered porches, and have a line of windows at the side. There is a sidewalk in front of the buildings as well as several shaped bushes and shrubs. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco - Manse at night Entrance to annex at left".
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Young Girl Standing in Front of a Building]

Description: Photograph of a young girl standing in front of the side of a building. The little girl is wearing a small white sundress. The side of the building has four large windows and one smaller window, as well as a steep shingled roof. There are various shrubs, bushes, and weeds surrounding the building. The front of the building is facing the right-hand side of the image. There is a covered porch with steps and two supporting pillars at the front of the building. There is a handwritten note on the back of the image that reads, "Waco - manse 1951 (Kathy Seddon)."
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Front View of a Stage with Fold-Up Chairs]

Description: Photograph of the front of a stage, which is in the background of the image, and several rows of fold-up chairs facing it. There is an aisle down the center of the room that leads to the front of the stage. The stage has a geometric border around is as well as curtains on either side. Part of a piano is visible on the right-hand side of the image. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco- interior of annex assembly room".
Date: October 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary

[Side View of a Row of Stoves in a Kitchen]

Description: Photograph of the side view of a row of stoves in a kitchen. The stoves, which are situated on the left-hand side of the image, have a total of eight burners on top. There is an opened door on the same wall in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Waco, New kitchen 1951."
Date: 1951
Partner: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary