Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Portrait of Five Men Standing in a Group]
- Photograph of a group of five men standing together in a group. The portrait is zoomed in so only above the waists and busts are visible. The men are all wearing suits and rectangular ribbons on their chests; most of them are smiling. There is scattered and faded handwriting on the back of the photograph, and the only names that are fully legible read "Elano Garza", "Roberto García", and "Juan de la Cerda".
- [Five Men Standing in a Doorway]
- Photograph of five men standing in a doorway outside. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Mercedes 1952 front row: J. de la Luz C. Guerro, pastor, Eleno Garza, Robto. García"
- [Three Carved Chairs and Potted Plants on a Stage]
- Photograph of three ornately carved wooden chairs positioned atop a raised platform. The chairs are surrounded by a myriad of healthy-looking potted plants and shrubs. There is what looks like a rectangular patterned banner in front of the middle chair. Both the floor and the walls surrounding are made of wood. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Mexican Church Mercedes 1952".
- [Group Portrait of Hispanic Children]
- Photograph of a group portrait of school-age Hispanic children and two adults. There are three rows of children standing, kneeling, and sitting on the ground and facing the camera. There is a young woman standing at the end of the middle row to the right, and a man standing at the opposite end on the left. Most of the children are smiling and many have their hands on their faces. There is a small building visible in the background on the right-hand side. There is a handwritten note in Spanish on the back of the photograph that translates to: "Hm Cawpbell. Here is a photo that mother took of E.D. McAllen on the second of October. There was nothing more than sending them out. McAllen - Oct. 1935 A Fernández".
- [Family Standing Outside for a Group Picture]
- Photograph of a group of family members dressed in formal clothing. There are five women and two men standing together in a line; they are all looking toward the direction of the camera. The women are all wearing sleeved dresses that reach past the knee, and the men are wearing suits. Everyone has a large ribbon pinned to their chests. The group is standing outside in front of a light-colored building visible in the background. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that reads, "Mackay J.G. Cavagos & family". There is also a faded publisher stamp underneath the writing.